Solace

Explanations for shortcuts:

Y/N- Your name

H/N- Horse's name

!! Mature content at the end of the chapter !!

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________

"Denied,"

"What?!" You frowned.

One of the vice chiefs sighed, "Your request to leave. It's denied,"

Words were difficult to create at this unpleasant surprise.

"Rhoda is quite literally dying as we speak! How do you suddenly not care for someone who you otherwise treat as one of our kind?" You threw your arms around.

"But she's not one of our kind, is she now?" 

You didn't know what else to say. You didn't try. You weren't going to tell them some sorrowful excuse that you didn't believe yourself.

The Leader massaged her wrinkled forehead as she talked.

"Y/N, I know this might be difficult-"

"You don't know! You don't!" Your eyes started to tear up from anger, "I have lost a sister in this forsaken pink world because I wasn't able to do anything about it, now I can and I'm not losing another one,"

There was a while of silence after your speech.

None of the vice chiefs or the Leader said anything, until the Leader spoke with a quiet and soft tone, letting you know that her words aren't meant to hurt you.

"We aren't here to order you or anyone else around, Y/N. We are here to protect you. Please, understand that our world and this community have been through unimaginable things. If someone went out there, there's a high chance of revealing our existence, meant or not, and that could lead to wasted lives and destinies,"

You felt a tear run down your face, yet you let it flow down your cheek.

"I have saved lives for years, and no matter if you allow me to or not, I will save another one. If it is my end, so be it. I might not die as a hero, but I will die as a friend," You spat out as you left the house, slamming the door behind you.

You ran out, the square still crowded as ever. Making your way through, your eyes were still filled with tears.

Ydris' house was not far. You knew you needed to see him.

Turning back around, you opened the door, letting yourself in.

You weren't gonna lose Rhoda. Not like this.

Ydris' head popped up around the corner. 

He paused. He saw the pain.

"I need to go," You sobbed, "Go back,"

You began shouting and letting out cries, telling Ydris about everything that occurred in the past twenty-four hours.

As you almost yelled, all he could think about was how much he had missed you. Your voice, smile, eyes. Every single thing about you he missed.

Ydris walked up to you, wanting to pull you into his chest and hold you. He looked at you for permission to touch you.

You allowed him. You always did.

He opened his embrace and you came in slowly, letting your forehead rest on his shoulder.

He took you in, and you wrapped your arms around him, letting yourself break into pieces. 

"I know, love," He whispered, "I know,"

He pulled back, wiping your tears to reassure you, "It's okay,"

"It's okay," You repeat to yourself.

"Let's take a break, just for a moment,"

The next thing you knew, you were in the bed, laying down with Ydris beside you. He was rubbing his finger on your lower back. He made you feel safe.

"Darling," You heard him say in a soft voice.

You didn't lift your head, you just hummed in response.

"Do you know I love you," He asked.

You looked up, frowning at him, "Yes, of course, why such a question?"

"I don't know. I just feel like you deserve way more than you have, but I want you to feel loved, because you are," He smiled softly.

You hugged him tightly, kissing his cheek.

"I do feel loved by you," You looked him in the eyes, "Your love saved me,"

Ydris locked your lips with him for a brief moment. The sensation made you shiver. It reminded you of those school crushes that made your day better by just looking at you.

The best thing about it? Ydris was actually yours. Only yours.

 He sighed, "' Tis exceedingly dull to just sit here, is it not? Perhaps someone would like to sing a song to help us pass the time." 

You cringed, but giggled at his suggestion, "Ydris, no one wants to sing," 

He gave you a guileless look, "But it always lifted human spirits, on festivals for example, when I was on Earth," Then he smiled, "I anticipated that I might have been the first, for once one has sung, others often felt emboldened to do the same." 

Oh, your Aideen. 

Should you have just told him to shut up? 

But that would be so mean, and even as you squirmed in secondhand embarrassment, you were still dying to know what he would do next.

He took another step into the room and sang a song you had never heard before. Your mouth dropped open. He had a good voice—a true, resonant baritone that filled the room. The melody was distinctly of another world. His stance was relaxed, perfectly at ease. He was enjoying himself.

Ydris pulled you closer once again before he finished.

"That was lovely," You chuckled.

He smiled.

"I missed you more than I could have believed," He breathed out, placing his forehead on yours, "And I was prepared to miss you a good deal,"

He kissed you.

You wanted to leave.

But then you thought about Ydris, and, oh.

You thought about Ydris' voice low in your ears when you woke up, and suddenly you had a name for what ignited in the pit of your stomach.

His hands on you, his thumbs braced against his temples, his hands on other places, his mouth, what he might have done with it if you let him.

Ydris kissed you until it felt like he couldn't breathe, until it felt like you are going to forget both of your names, until you were only two creatures tangled up in a dimly lit room making a perfect, unstoppable mistake.

His other hand found that dip of your waist, and he swallowed a sound at how heavenly it felt under his palm. Ydris' whole body was grinding down and covering every inch of yours. 

He moved his mouth from your lips to the crook of your neck, and you knew he was probably going to leave a mark. You didn't care.

You felt Ydris find the waistband of your pants, the zipper, the button, your underwear.

And then everything went very hazy, very quickly.