Getaway

Explanations for shortcuts:

Y/N- Your name

H/N- Horse's name

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________

The morning breeze blew, and the crystal clear dewdrops slid down the leaves and jumped cheerfully. The green grass woke up under the gentle morning light, and it looked greener under the shower of rain and dew.

Last night, the sky was overcast with clouds. Rains poured in torrents, the wind blew violently from all directions. The dusky was forecast with dark clouds and nothing could be seen except thunders and frightening at times. The summer thunderstorms were violent, yet you found somewhat piece in them.

You stood in front of a portal, sending flickers of purple and pink light, blinding you slightly.

It was quiet.

Your current location was The Great Thunder, for it was the place the portal opened that day.

Weird, the Druids usually sensed when a portal was being used. Surely they would come to the rescue to stop whatever might have entered this dimension, to their surprise they would only find their dearest trustworthy Soul Riders trying to rebel. Yet, they were nowhere to be seen. Not a trace.

You breathed in, held the air, and let it out.

This was it, no time for hesitation.

Lately, you've felt that everything around you was wrong. You felt it before, you felt it now. There was a silent voice in the back of your head, tangled in your thoughts. It was like facing the dark. You might have been sure that there was nothing hiding behind what you couldn't see, but something was making you think twice before jumping into whatever might have been lurking in the shadows.

The Soul Riders seemed sure of their actions, and you decided, that so were you.

Lisa stepped closer to you, smiling comfortingly.

"Ready?"

"Ready,"

The sound of hooves echoed as you all entered the portal one by one. The air around you swirled, your ears plugged as your known time disappeared.

You heard a thud, and you opened your eyes. The world opened in front of you like a page in a book in violet hues, the ones you were familiar with. You inhaled deeply, the constant weight on your chest coming down, making you feel safe and free. This place was dangerous, but now you were sure you belonged there.

Was that making you dangerous as well? Who knew.

Glancing at Rhoda, you couldn't help but let out a giggle as you saw her amazed expression. Her eyes widened at the sight, mouth agape with incredulity.

"It's incredible," She breathed out, "You come from here?" Asking, Rhoda turned to you.

"I do," You nodded with a smile, "Apparently,"

However, her eyes regained a rather nervous look as she continued, "Don't take this the wrong way, I'm really glad we met and all but, why are you on Jorvik when your home is only one portal away?"

"I mean," Linda jumped in, gesturing around you at the broken floating islands, but Lisa slapped her hand away as soon as she did so.

"I didn't know," You paused, "That I'm not human, until a few months ago. But that doesn't matter. I wouldn't be able to live here, anyway,"

Rhoda's forehead wrinkled, "Why? If I may ask,"

You looked at the ground, and with disgust in your voice you said, "This place was destroyed by the mighty Keepers of Aideen to make their powers superior, leaving nothing but dust. Every sign of my life, my family was brought to the ground,"

Lisa and Linda stayed quiet when they heard your words, acting like they never reached them.

"Ydris sent me to earth to heal, knowing I wouldn't remember anything. Once I did, he came for me, but it was too late. I cluelessly joined the Druids because I had some sort of powers that I couldn't control, and when Ydris found out, everything went downhill,"

Rhoda only nodded, leaving silence between the four of you after hearing your story.

Lisa led Starshine closer to you as you aimlessly rode through Pandoria.

"Y/N, I don't want to be pushy, but once we find Ydris, what are you going to say to him? You know you can't just convince him to come to earth, and we don't really know in what situation we will find him in,"

"I don't know," You looked at her, "But I believe in us, in him. Regardless of what happens,"

As you were about to continue the conversation, a rumbling sound echoed through the land.

The flying manta rays filled the sky, escaping from whatever made the noise.

"What was that?" Lisa whispered, her eyebrows furrowing in concern.

Another deep, booming sound made the ground furiously shake under your horses, making it hard to remain balanced.

Just when you were about to investigate, a scream caught your attention.

"Watch out!"

Barely dodging an enormous tentacle, it hit the ground right next to you, tearing it apart.

There was no need for further investigation.

The worst that could've happened, happened. And there was no going back now.

Garnok has arrived.

Prepared to destroy whatever came in his way.

More of the octopus' limbs attempted to hit you as you run around.

The world spun and all you could see were flickers of colours, for your mind went blank as fear overcame you.

"How the hell did he get here?!" Lisa shouted, but to no avail.

All of you tried spells, hoping to fight back and get him where he belongs, yet nothing worked.

"Damn it!"

The magic did nothing but triggered Garnok.

Linda panted as her and Meteor jumped over another tentacle that almost hit them, "We need to separate!"

"What?!" You screamed, but Linda and Lisa were already on their way in a different direction than you.

Rhoda looked around, terrified to move.

You blocked another one of Garnok's attacks that was about to take Rhoda to the ground.

"Come on!" You called for Rhoda to catch her attention.

You and her run across islands, trying to escape. The wind blew against you, whistling next to your ears.

Turning around you saw a bigger gap between you and Garnok, sighing in relief. Yet, it was too soon.

"H/N!" You screamed as he/she fell, tripping over one of the tentacles that Garnok sneaked in front of you.

In horror, you felt the hit as you flew from the saddle, landing further away from H/N than you would like. You watched as he/she stood up, but didn't turn to you. Your horse galloped as fast as he/she could to places to you unknown.

You and Rhoda were left alone, with Garnok approaching rapidly.

Putting your hands on your head, you prepared yourself for anything that might have occurred, knowing it would be painful.

But, right when the creature approached you, a pink light blinded you and you felt a sudden pull as an unknown arm dragged you inside the portal, not giving you time to process.

The next thing you knew when you regained your focus was a figure standing above you.

A figure, wearing the same shining crystal necklace as you were given by Ydris.