42: Jealousy

I woke up with a start, looking around the empty room. Someone had to have come in at some point while I was sleeping. All the paper I'd spread over the bed had been neatly tucked back inside the folder and placed on the nightstand nearest to me. I'd also had a light blanket draped over me. There wasn't anyone else there, but I could've sworn I heard a woman's voice. I noticed the door to the office was ajar. Maybe it was Sophia? I opened the door and froze in place as the rage bubbled up inside me.

Dmitri was sitting at his desk, with Candice standing beside him, her hand on his shoulder as she leaned over him in one of her tiny, skin tight dresses. "Remove your hand or I'll break it!" I growled. The chair spun around, almost knocking her over. He frowned at me, but my eyes were locked on her. She straightened herself, and smiled sweetly at me, making me want to give her other eye a matching bruise. He must have known my thoughts, because he stood up and closed the space between us in one fluid movement, moving to put himself in my way.

"Easy, Princess," he pulled me into his arms, effectively keeping me away from her. "Have you been awake long?" I ignored him, glaring at her while she stared at us with contempt. He caught my chin in his hand and forced me to look up at him. "Calm down," he whispered, giving me a soft kiss.

I twisted my face out of his grasp, glaring at him now. "Make her leave, or I will," I hissed, quiet enough that she couldn't hear me. "If I see her touch you again, I will break her arm," I added, making sure she could hear me as I tried to shrug out of his arms, but he held me firm.

"Go ahead and take those contracts to Sophie, Candice. That'll be all for tonight." His voice was smooth as silk. He pulled me towards the bedroom, maneuvering me through the door and closing it behind us.

"You Ass..." he cut me off, crashing his mouth over mine in a rough kiss.

"I didn't know the green eyed monster of jealousy was so damn sexy," he smiled, sliding his hands over my hips.

I smacked his chest, and shrugged out of his arms, storming across the room to get away from him. "I am NOT jealous!" I folded my arms over my chest. "And my eyes are always green!"

He crossed the room moving towards me cautiously. When he got to me, he grabbed my shoulder and turned me towards the dresser so I could see our reflection in the mirror above it. My jaw dropped. My eyes were still green, but there was a thick gold ring around the iris. I shrugged it off, it didn't mean anything. "I have a friend whose eyes change color from sky blue to grey depending on her mood," I rolled my eyes. "And I'm not jealous, I'm angry."

"Why?" he shrugged, "she was just doing her job."

I stood straight up and looked him in the eye, "Her job is to prance around you half naked while I'm asleep in your bed?" I frowned, "Does she also need to paw at you while she's doing her job?"

"You sound like a jealous girlfriend," he grabbed my chin again, "Stop it!" his tone demanding.

"What happened to Sophie's dress code? You said you were going to handle it," I frowned, "Does she own a scrap of clothing that doesn't look like she's about to fall out of it?" He chuckled, eyeing me. "I'm not jealous."

Looking down at me, he sighed. "I really do have to finish up some things, but you clearly need some attention." He released me from his hold, "Take those off," he gestured to the bra and leggings, then the shirt, "keep this and lay on the bed." He moved to the armoire, and pulled a few things from it as I started at him.