14: Story Time

After antagonizing Candice, spending lunch with Dmitri and gaining a new project, Sophie seemed bored with venturing around the house now. A chair had been set out in the hall, assumedly for Blake, when we found our way back up to the suites. Flopping on the sofa, she eyed me suspiciously, "What exactly happened last night to put my brother in such a generous mood today? Not to mention, that kiss in the kitchen!" She giggled, "I did enjoy watching Candy turn that peculiar shade of purple when Dimi wrapped his arms around you. I thought her head was going to explode!"

I just shrugged and spread my palms, unsure of what to tell her. "I can't explain it." I tried to think of a way to tell her what I felt in that moment, "Candy just makes me want to... You know, I think I hate her, and I'd like to drop kick her across the room when I see her." It was a statement, but it sounded more like a question as I said it.

She grinned at me, "Oh, my god! You like him!" She clapped her hands together, "You like him." She taunted.

I chucked a throw pillow at her. "Dear god no!" that seemed to sober her enthusiasm, "I don't know why I don't like her. But, I haven't changed my mind about anything else; I just really enjoy pissing her off for some reason."

"Huh," she chewed on her bottom lip thoughtfully, "I guess I get that. Did you see how she shoved her tits in his face when we showed up?" her laughter shook her shoulders as she tried to puff out her chest in the same manner.

"Yeah," I smiled, "what was that about? Didn't he just spend the night with her a few days ago? Why does she try so hard if he already sleeps with her?" I didn't understand the dynamic between this weird cast of characters.

"We were all best friends growing up, Dimi, Nate, Candy and me," Sophie shrugged, but I couldn't picture the 4 of them doing anything together. "She developed earlier than I did, her tits practically popped out over night." She sighed, "She was also the first girl I ever kissed, I think we all had that in common. She decided that Dimi was the better option, hoping to be Luna some day, she even refused her mate to try and claim him."

"So you and Candy...?"

"Not so fast!" She cut me off, "If I'm going to spill my guts, you have to spill yours too." She wiggled her eyebrows, "A little tit for tat." She tried to puff out her chest again, but was giggling too hard to hold it for long.

I thought about it. What could it hurt for her to ask whatever she wanted to know about me? It wasn't as if every intimate detail of my life hadn't been relayed to her brother just a few nights ago. "You seem to know a great deal about me already, but sure. Why not? Just don't ask me anything about your brother's bedroom."

She pouted and crossed her arm, "Oooh, you're no fun. Now I'm not so sure that you should know more about us." I shrugged, calling her bluff. "Fine, no questions about his bedroom, I already know too much about what has happened in there... but we have to swear to answer honestly." I nodded. "Have you ever had a boyfriend?" She hugged the pillow I'd thrown at her and waited, holding her breath.

"Nope, I wasn't allowed to date. I suspect because my parents had already sold me to your parents. But, I'm not sure why it made a difference since we don't usual find mates in humans." Her eyes widened, more questions forming in her head as she waited her turn to ask. "So, you and Candy, um, dated?" I had trouble forming the sentence.

"Experimented," she exaggerated the word. "We wondered what it was like to be kissed, so we tried it on each other. And, when she blossomed, we would experiment with some of the stuff we read in romance novels. I learned that I liked girls, she learned she wanted Dmitri." She leaned forward and glanced at the doors behind her nervously before turning her attention back to me. Quietly she whispered, "Did you ever kiss a human?"