68: Alpha

'Sophia would like to know if you two are going to be indisposed all day,' Dmitri's groan told me that Nathan had linked both of us and awoken him as well.

'Has she had breakfast set up in her rooms,' his thought sounded more annoyed than he felt as his mouth kissed my shoulder, making my skin tingle.

'No, Alpha,' Nathan sounding just as annoyed, 'As per your mate's suggestion, she's had our breakfast meeting set up in the main dining room today.' I wondered if he could feel my eyes roll through the link.

'Coffee,' I tried to struggle out of Dmitri's grasp as he tried to work his lips towards his mark. The memory sent me scrambling out of the bed, 'We'll be down in a few minutes.' I could feel the connection close on his end.

"I don't know what you expect me to accomplish in such a short time frame," he chuckled, stalking across the bed to try and pull me back into it with him, I barely dodged his hand.

I ran to the mirror over his dresser, craning my neck, worried I wouldn't see what I was looking for. A wave of relief washed over me as the pale, almost silvery, crescent shaped scar came into view. "I hope Sophie is already downstairs," I sighed, "you didn't have to send all my clothes back to her room." I turned around and pouted at him.

"I don't mind you laying in bed just like that all day," he teased, looking up and down my very naked body. "Where's that lovely little green number you wore the other day? That could be nice too."

"Why? Is green Nathan or Sophie's favorite color?" I grinned, feeling the instant his mood changed from playful to jealous. "If it's all the same to you, I think I'll just make my way over to Sophie's rooms and find something more appropriate for mixed company." He groaned as I plucked a t-shirt out of his dresser and pulled it over my head. His eyes followed me as I turned and walked out of the room.

Cracking the main suite's doors open, I peeked into the hallway to see who was sitting guard today, the hall was empty. I still scampered across the hall and ducked into Sophie's room as quick as I could. "Soph," I called out, "are you still up here?" No answer came, so I made my way into her closet to find something to wear. I grabbed a kind of silky, almost backless, cowl tank. It would show off the cuff, necklace and most importantly my new mark. It would pair well with the high-waisted pencil skirt; and both would offer little hindrance for an impromptu rendezvous or two later.

In the bathroom I unwound my braid, and combed my fingers through the curls just pinning up the pieces that fell over my face. I didn't trust myself to execute anything more than the tube of tinted lip gloss and some mascara from Sophie's mountain of make-up. I didn't know if I looked like an Alpha, or even a Luna at this point, but I had definitely adopted a more polished look than I had a few weeks ago.

Dmitri was waiting for me in the hall, looking very casual in his black slacks and dress shirt, the top few buttons undone. My new mark on him clearly visible, stark white against his tan skin. He sucked in a breath as he took in my attire. "No," his voice was flat, "If you walk around like that, I won't get any work done! I'm going to spend all day trying to find a way to drag you off and appreciate that outfit properly." He looked hungry, staring at me, licking his lips.

"You'll just have to try extra hard then," I smiled, walking down the hall and forcing him to follow me.

"Fuck me," Nathan greeted us in true Nathan fashion, his eyes zeroing in on both of our necks.

Blake chuckled, "That would explain the shockwave that went through the link last night," he eyed our necks as well. Kelly smacked his shoulder and whispered something harsh in his ear, but wasn't blushing as hard as I was now.