catharsis

Sapnap turned over to face Karl in bed. They were both awake. It was late, and they had both taken turns convincing the other to stop working and go to bed. Now neither of them could sleep. That week had been stressful, and they needed rest.

"Hey," Sapnap croaked, his voice tired.
"Hi." Karl smiled wide. Sapnap pouted.
"What?"
"Mm, snuggle me."
"Why."
"You motherfucker- you know why."
"Cause you love me." karl cooed.
"No cause I'm cold." sapnap huffed.
"Mm, sure."

Sapnap scooted forward and kissed Karl gently on the lips. They both smiled into it. Karl giggled. Tears rimmed Sapnap's eyes, taking Karl's notice.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" he asked, concerned. Sapnap let out a sharp laugh.
"I just, I just really like you." sapnap said, his voice cracking from his tears.
"That's all?" karl smiled. "I love you."
Sapnap's breath hitched, and he held in sobs, smiling.
"Aw, sap."
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm just tired."
"It's okay, hey, I'm not going anywhere." Karl reassured him.

Sapnap wrapped his arms around him and pulled him closer. He patted karl on the back twice, but it was more to comfort himself, making sure that Karl was in fact real, not just some made up fantasy.

Karl kissed him on the cheek, exaggerating the sound. Sapnap pecked him on the lips, letting out an exasperated laugh.
"I love you, Karl." Sapnap said. "I love you so, so much."

"Are you okay?" Karl asked.

"Can't I just tell my boyfriend I love him?"

"You can, I'm just worried about you." Karl sighed. "You've been working on YouTube a lot and everytime you're talking to me and everyone else it just feels a bit disingenuine."

"I'm sorry, I'm just-.." he stopped himself.

Karl kissed him. longer then usual, but gentle and comforting. It wasn't a smiley, giggly, kiss, but it wasn't a bad one either. it was a sympathy kiss, and an I-miss-you kiss. It lifted the weight on Sapnap's shoulders and melted it away.

Sapnap pulled away, breath trembling, and hugged him with tears in his eyes. They were both crying at this point, a mix of happy and sad tears. Built-up-emotion finally getting the chance to be let out in a safe environment.
Sapnap kissed Karl on the cheek.
"Love you."

388 words.