invasive

Karl was streaming, it was his job after all. He was stalling as quackity booted up the game they were going to play. Sapnap was in the other room, sleeping, since he'd stayed up all night.

He usually tried not to look too much at chat, since it got random sometimes. It was on followers only mode so it wasn't usually too bad like that. There seemed to be a lot more twitter references that day though. A lot. And sapnap mentions, which he figured was just because he wasn't there with him.

"Okay I'm making a lobby." Quackity said, making karl tear his eyes off of chat. his phone buzzed on his desk. He picked it up to glance at it. He would've ignored it, but it was Sapnap.

sap
I think ur streaming, but you need to see this.

There was a link attached. He made sure his phone was muted before clicking on it.

"Okay I sent you the code." Quackity said, but Karl didn't hear him, he only saw the notification pop up at the top of his phone briefly.

His lips parted in shock as his face dropped. What the hell. He didn't know how to feel. Angry? Sad? Relieved? Maybe all three.
There was, in front of him, a tweet opened on his phone with the caption; saw this while sitting in my car today 😅 #karlnap

The photo attached was of Karl and Sapnap parked in Karl's car. Kissing.

"Karl? Are you okay?" Quackity asked in a soft tone.
He realized he'd been completely silent for over a minute. His phone screen had gone black.

He coughed. "Um, yeah, my game crashed. gimme a minute." he lied, his voice threatening to crack, but it was too late to cover it up now, for chat at least. He might've fooled Quackity.
"Oh.. okay." nevermind.

He pulled up discord.
go on twitter theres a leaked picture of me and sapnap.
He left it at that. He hadn't even told Quackity about it yet. The only people they'd told were Dream and George.

are you ok? we can end stream, it might help if you ended stream and talked to sapnap

"I have to.. go.. chat. um, I'll explain later, I promise. I'm so so sorry, i-.. bye chat." he ended.

"Thank you Quackity, I have to go."
"Okay.. I'm here if you need me."

Karl left the call and stood up, his legs shaking. He sped-walked out to the hallway in front of Sapnap's room. He took a breath and then opened the door.

Sapnap was sitting up in bed, still looking sleepy. he had clearly just woken up. when he saw Karl, he held his arms out for him. he sat beside him on the bed and let Sapnap embrace him in a hug. He was still in shock. They both were.

"What-.. what are we gonna do..?"

"I don't know."

Karl leaned back to look Sapnap in the eyes.

"We couldn't even tell our friends yet, how am I-.. how are we supposed to-..?"

"I don't know, karl. I have no clue."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. this wasn't either of our faults."

Karl sighed. "But what if it is? we should've been more careful-"

"Hey, we were plenty careful, I would say. We were in your car. That's not our fault. I thought we would've had more privacy but there's nothing we can do now."

"I promised chat that I'd explain later why I just ended out of nowhere. I don't know what I'm going to say.."

"Dream called me to tell me about it, waking me up."

"God, it's really everywhere isn't it?"
"..yeah."

-

karl decided to just tweet something later that night.

I'm sure most of you saw the picture of me and Sapnap, and neither of us are going to be addressing that properly yet. Please remember to not take pictures of content creators, or anyone, without permission please. I'll address this whole thing when we're ready, I promise. Much apologies.

Sapnap told him not to apologize but he still felt the need to. It wasn't his fault.

-

It was 3 days later. They hadn't appeared on any streams or tweeted anything since what had happened. Karl decided to stream his response to the situation, after a lot of help from sapnap. They'd both decided that if they denied it, it'd just delay the inevitable.

He was nervous. But he still pressed the go live button. Sapnap was sitting out of frame silently just in case Karl needed him.

"Um, hi." he said to stream, giggling awkwardly.
"Did the notification go out? Okay, um." he took a slow breath.
"So, I'm sure the majority of you have seen the tweets, if you haven't, basically-.. basically someone took a picture of me and Sapnap.. uh, kissing, and posted it. And uh, don't do that." he giggled awkwardly yet again. he glanced over at sapnap and then back at chat.

"I'm sorry, for not telling you guys, we just weren't really ready. we hadn't even told most of out friends and family yet. we've been getting calls all week. But yeah, we have been dating for the last few months.." he regained his train of thought.
"Please don't send hate to the person who posted it, I know that some of you will anyways, but just.. it was a crappy thing for them to do but hopefully they are more informed now."

The chat was flooded with hearts and pride emotes. He had put the chat on sub only mode, just to save his own sanity. he wiped his eye with his sleeve.

943 words.