authenticity

found a prompt on Pinterest and decided to do it : Write a short story based on a song of your choice. The catch is you must use every single lyric of the song in your story somehow. (i used the song breaking it off, didn't quite get every lyric I'm sure but I tried)

"Hey, we'll catch up in a few minutes, okay?" Karl said as the rest of their group as they left the room.

"Okay, don't take too long!" Dream yelled before shutting the hotel room door.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sapnap asked Karl once they were alone in his room.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine," Karl spoke quietly back to him.

"Are you sure, I feel like you've been kind of on edge ever since we left the party earlier?"

"Oh, sorry, I've just been in my own little world I guess," Karl laughed halfheartedly.

"Did you actually get hurt earlier when you fell or-"

"Oh, no no I'm fine, that's not it."

"So you're implying there is something wrong?"

"No I'm just tired, that's all I promise," Karl closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around Sapnap's shoulders in a tight warm hug. Sapnap rubbed his nose against Karl's neck gently and they swayed softly against each other.

"I'm tired too," Sapnap whispered against his skin.

"I wish we could just stay here all night. Together."

"What's stopping us?"

Karl pulled away enough to look Sapnap in the eyes.

"You know what's stopping us."

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind," Sapnap's hands loosened their grip on Karl's hoodie, falling to gently place themselves on his waist. His eyes, subconsciously or not, found Karl's lips automatically, looking back and forth between his squinted eyes.

"I've wanted to kiss you so badly this whole trip. And right now.."

Karl's hands wrapped around his head further. "What's stopping you?"

Sapnap frowned ever so slightly, but their distance, or lack of it, made it obvious to Karl.

"You are."

"How am I stopping you?"

"Do you even want this?" Sapnap's voice got unintentionally louder. His doubt in both himself and their relationship worsening throughout the night. He wasn't aware if Karl realized what he had been doing was hurting his confidence.

"Hey," Karl held a hand to Sapnap's cheek when he tried to turn his head away. "You're all I want right now."

"Right now." Sapnap locked eyes with him.

Karl slowly rubbed his thumb across his face.

"You are all I'll ever want."

"Do you mean that?"

"I swear it."

Sapnap's eyes led back to Karl's mouth, slightly open, wondering if he was being genuine or not. After all, he'd seen that night, he didn't know what to believe, despite what Karl claimed.

But they were alone, with no one to bother them. The silence would've been deafening, had they not been so focused on the other's breathing. Sapnap knew they'd never made the mistake of kissing in front of anyone else, despite Karl's habit of kissing people publicly. This was something Karl treasured. These quiet moments. Alone in a hallway. Having a cry in the other's arms. After ending a stream. In the middle of a hotel room after a long day of meeting fans.

And what was more authentic than close, considerate alone time?

He closed the smallest distance between them, his hand molding against Karl's back as he leaned back into the kiss. It was a short kiss followed by several others, making them both smile. Oh, they'd missed this. They would yearn for it every second they weren't wrapped up in each other's touch. A forgivable pain, but a constant one.

"Never let go of me," Karl whispered, pulled away from his lips and against Sapnap's neck once again. Karl's legs started slowly giving out on him, as he leaned against Sapnap who held him close to himself.

"Are you falling asleep?"

"No-.."

Sapnap did his best to keep Karl steady against him as he guided him over to the hotel bed. They both laid down on the white stiff bed, Karl instantly clinging closer to Sapnap.

"Do you want to go to sleep?" Sapnap brushed the hair out of Karl's face, noticing his teary eyes. "We don't have to meet up with them if you're not up to it."

"Why are you so perfect?"

"Hm?"

Karl squinted his eyes at him. "You're killing me. You know that.."

"You're killing me. I swear I can never tell what's going on in ur head."

Karl propped his head up on his elbow. "What do you want to know?"

Sapnap sighed looking away. "I know the answer, I just don't know, y'know?"

"Hmm, ask me it anyway. I don't want you to feel like you can't share something with me."

"I just wish I knew how you viewed.. this," Sapnap gestured to both of them. "compared to everyone else. And I know it is different I just.."

Karl waited a moment for Sapnap to finish his thought, and when he didn't he spoke up, "I'm sorry.. I don't really know how to explain it to you but, I really like you. And you know I'm not good at explaining how I feel verbally but I know you need that reassurance sometimes-"

"I'm sorry if I'm-"

"Nonono, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm not very clear with my emotions."

Karl inched forward towards Sapnap, holding his hand in his own. They sat there in silence for a moment, before Sapnap's phone rang, making them both jump. He sat up, picking up the phone quickly.

"Hello?"

Karl laid back on the bed, watching Sapnap.

"Uh, sorry we got sort of-" Sapnap glanced at Karl briefly. "-sidetracked. We'll be there in a few minutes... Okay..... Bye."

"Who was that?" Karl asked after a second.

"Dream. I told them we'd be there in a minute but if you don't want to go I can call him back," Sapnap offered.

"We can go," Karl got up from the bed. "As long as I get one last kiss," Karl smirked.

Sapnap got up and stood in front of Karl.
"Not our 'last kiss', moron." He rolled his eyes as Karl threw his arms around him.

"Well I thought that was obvious," Karl gently tilted his head up, kissing him. His hands slid from their firm position on the back of Sapnap's head to his neck, Sapnap's hands hesitantly holding his waist.

When they pulled away, they both struggled to hold in a smile.

"Are you ready to go?" Sapnap asked.

"Yeah.. one more minute.."

1088 words. This is what happened at twitchcon fr fr (this sucks I'm tired)