i know a spot

"This is so dumb," Sapnap said, opening the gas station freezer to grab himself a drink.

"Hey, you're the one who said you weren't tired, and neither am I, so we might as well go somewhere. You are going home in the morning." Karl smiled at him across the store aisle.

Sapnap shut the freezer, his smile leaving his face as he remembered his flight back to Florida was tomorrow.

"Hey, no being mopey until the morning, this'll be fun!" Karl said softly, elbowing Sapnap.

"Where even are we going?" Sapnap said, now that they had returned to the car with their late-night gas station goodies.

"You'll see," Karl grinned, turning the air conditioning on blast.

Sapnap rolled his eyes, "It's not that cold."

"Speak for yourself, it's freezing."

"In summer?"

"Yeah, it's like midnight, dummy." Karl started backing out of the parking lot, turning off the car light.

"Don't make 'dummy' the new 'idiot'."

"Why not? Because you don't wanna admit that you're in loveee with me?"

Sapnap pulled his hoodie over his head in an attempt to cover his now pink cheeks, not that Karl would be able to see him in the dark. "No."

"That's not what you said yesterday," Karl spoke in a soft gentle voice.

"Nooo, not the Patches/George voice too! We're just a discount dnf now."

"Except we're canon," Karl said, rubbing his hand on Sapnap's back before returning it to the wheel.

"And they're not?" Sapnap laughed.

"For now at least."

The car fell silent for a while, the only noise was the night traffic and the hum of the car. Sapnap didn't recognize where they were, but he only recognized a few locations in Karl's city at this point.

"Are you ever going to tell me where you're taking me?"

"Do you trust me?"

"No, what if you're an axe murderer luring me into the woods where no one would find my body?"

Karl laughed, "An axe murderer that has a fat crush on you."

"Still an axe murderer."

"Would you still love me if I was an axe murderer?"

"No, I wouldn't."

"What?! Mean."

"Hey, you're the one axe murdering people."

"Only people who deserve it."

"Oh, do I deserve it?"

"Yes, you do."

"What did I do to you?"

"You stole my heart!" Karl exclaimed, dramatically sighing. They both started giggling, and Karl snorted, making them both laugh louder.

"We're almost there."

"Almost where?" Sapnap said. "We're in the middle of nowhere."

"Yep."

They continued driving for a while before Karl parked in an empty parking lot.

"Dude-" Sapnap started, but Karl had already got out of the car and shut the door. He watched silently as Karl opened the trunk and carried a handful of blankets Sapnap hadn't even known he brought before Sapnap got out of the car to help him.