Chapter Twenty-Two

"Good morning, sleepyhead." Jude's voice echoed from somewhere above me. I was still in a half-conscious daze, so for a minute I thought he was standing above me before I realized the comfort tunneling in through my body was a result of me lying mostly on top of him.

I groaned, burying my face further against his chest. "What time is it?" I muttered, my voice buzzing against his skin.

"Noon. So, I suppose my earlier statement was a tad incorrect. I should have said good afternoon, sleepyhead."

"When is Nora coming back?" I asked, blinking hard to try to focus on his face as I picked my head up.

He shrugged, "I was hoping you could provide some insight."

I swiped my phone up from where it sat on my bedside table and quickly drafted a text to her.

"Hey, just wondering what time you're planning on getting home. Bored :("

I sent the message, hoping it sounded as casual as I was trying to falsely portray. I dropped my phone back onto my bedside table and collapsed against Jude's chest again.

His fingers slipped up under the back of my shirt, gently tracing patterns along my spine as I let out a content hum.

"You're so beautiful, Luce." Jude whispered, his voice reflexive, like he accidentally uttered a thought aloud.

I felt my cheeks warm against his chest. "Shut up." I stammered, peering up at him.

He gifted me with a lopsided smile, his dark eyes twinkling as they locked on mine. "No. I refuse."

He grabbed my waist and pulled me further up his body. His eyes flickered from mine to my lips and back, causing my heart to stammer in my chest before his mouth was on mine.

He kissed me avidly, his hands running up and down the bare skin of my back as I tangled my fingers in his hair.

I moved, so I was straddling his lap, his hands on my waist, helping guide me on top of him while his lips refused to part from mine.

I felt my lower belly begin to ache with desire, the sensation shooting down my pelvis. I rocked my lower body against him to cope and he let out a low groan against my lips in response.

"Fuck Luce." He muttered, biting down on my bottom lip before he pulled back momentarily to pull off my shirt.

He drew me back to him the second my shirt was thrown on the floor, kissing me hard as his hands trailed down my waist, grazing my hips before they took a tight hold of my thighs.

"Please." I gasped into his mouth, digging my fingers into his shoulders as his hands slowly moved up toward the space between my legs that was begging for him to touch.

The second his fingers grazed it, still separated between the fabric of my underwear, I let out a gasp in sync with the buzzing of my phone on my bedside table.

He moved his lips to my neck, sucking the skin there between his teeth, forcing a moan out of my mouth as I dug my fingers into his back.

"Jude." I breathed out as he traced intricate circles against the fabric of my underwear. "My phone."

"Who cares." He muttered against my neck. The combination of his lips on my skin and his fingers teasing the space between my legs made me lightheaded with desire. But I forced myself to lean over and grab my phone.

"About to walk through the front door right now!"

Nora's text sent a crashing wave of anxiety through my chest. I threw my phone behind Jude and pushed myself off of him.