Chapter 30

"You're alive!"

Pit gives me a big hug, I return it.

"I told you so." I remind him "You didn't believe me did you." Pit pulls back looking away nervously. "What happened? Did I kill Hades?" I ask "You didn't kill him, but somehow he has no powers."

Well that's strange.

"I'm just glad you're back."

I smile.

"Let's go back." I walk over to the chariot and get on. Finally I'm going to ride the chariot without being injured. Pit gets on after me, he smiles back at me and starts the chariot. Within a second we are back at the river styx.

I get down quickly to show everyone that I am okay.

Someone gives me a hug as soon as I get down, from the black wings I know it's Dark "It's not like you to hug." I say once he pulls back. He scowls "It's not like you to die!" I smile and shove his shoulder playfully "Look, I'm just glad you're okay." he smiles back.

Next I see Artemis. I run over to her and give her a big hug "Looks like Pit has rubbed off on you!" Artemis laughs surprised at my hug. I pull back and glare at her for a moment "Where were you?!" I ask her. "I was fighting Cerebus and the three fates with Medusa and Viridi. They were removing souls from the river." Artemis explains gently. "Why didn't you tell me...?" I say a bit hurt "I didn't want to worry you."

"I missed you."

"I missed you too Y/N."

I look towards Medusa and Viridi.

I dip my head to each in turn "Medusa." "Viridi." I smile to each. Though I am surprised to see Medusa, she reads my thoughts and explains "I realised that Hades was evil after he punched me. I teleported to Artemis here to apologise. She suggested that I make up for it by coming to her. Thank you Y/N, for making me see reason." Medusa smiles at me.

"Poseidon is here. he really missed you." I tell her and her smile widens.

"Y/N! My daughter!"

I turn around with a scowl, it's Hades.

"Please! Give me back my powers!"

"Why should I Hades!?"

"Y-you're my daughter!"

"SO!?"

"We're family!"

"Some family! You were going to kill me!"

"I've changed!"

"You have had three times to change!"

"Refresh my memory."

"Once when you kidnapped my mother!"

"Oh."

"Twice when Pit defeated you!"

"Oh yeah, I can't believe Pitty-pat actually got me."

"And this is the third time, when I took your powers."

"Well... I'm a changed man Y/N."

"no you aren't!"

"I am!"

"Even if I wanted to, I couldn't!"

"WHY?!"

"I don't know how."

Hades yells in frustration "How will I rule the underworld?!"

"You won't!" I smirk at him. "Then who will?!" Hades cackles I smile and say "Medusa." Medusa looks at me shocked "But I'm bad!" I correct her "You were bad." I smile "You've changed!" I look back at Hades "Unlike some people." Hades looks desperate now, he looks at Pit.