CHAPTER 47: Anne

Did I seriously just agree to help distract O'Conner last night?! I could instantly feel the intense and yet awkward moment radiating from Johnny who looked pissed off. Once his uncle and Abria left, after we all agreed to meet up today, Johnny didn't want to say anything. He just went to sleep as did I.

When I woke up, Johnny was already out of bed and I just sat up in bed for a moment to not just wake up but to think about what I will say to Johnny when he comes back in here.

Maybe it would be dangerous for me doing this task but I trusted and felt safe with Abria.

I next hear the bedroom door open and in walked Johnny dressed in jeans and he looked at me as soon as he closes the door then sat down beside me on the bed.

"Anne, I've been thinking about the whole idea of you doing this thing. And as much as I hate it, I know there's no other way." He begins.

"I've been playing this idea in my head also and have concluded the same thing and how any other way would seem more obvious and wouldn't go so well." I tell him.

"I hate to admit it, but you're right." He agrees.

We look at each other's hands as we enlace our fingers together and he looks at me after bringing my hand to his lips then we give one another a passionate kiss.

Once we finished getting ready and met up with Johnny's uncle and Abria for lunch at a restaurant that Abria enjoys a lot.

"So, I mentioned today to O'Conner about inviting you over for lunch at our house tomorrow and he seemed more than pleased." Abria states with disgust while saying his name.

"Good. And we just do what you suggested last night in doing, right?" I asked her.

"Yeah. It'll be good." Abria replied.

"If something were to...." Johnny started but had to stop to collect himself before continuing. "If something were to go wrong, for any reason, please tell me." He insisted.

I took hold of his hand and looked at him with a smile while he had a lot of concern in his facial expression.

"I promise." Abria states. "No matter what, I'll make sure and contact you if anything were to go bad." She promised.

"I still hate this idea." He says.

I place my hand onto Johnny's and we exchange smiles at one another before I look back at his uncle and Abria.

Once lunch was over, Johnny and I decided to take the opportunity to explore a little bit around town a bit before we headed back to the hotel.

I was hoping spending time walking around and possibly even taking any tours would help get Johnny's mind off of everything and it seemed to have worked, but not for very long.

So I had us stop and take a seat near a nice little park.

"You know, when I had first met you, that first day, despite how you looked and acted towards me, I can't explain it but, for some reason I felt safe. Obviously that wasn't always the case and of course, eventually things changed between you and I. However, I started looking at you different that day you rescued me from Luca. I saw a look in your eyes that I hadn't seen from somebody when they looked at me.....I felt wanted, for the first time in practically forever." I began to tear up and had to stop a bit.

"And I know that you love me as much as I love you. But you need to remember that I am choosing to do this. You or nobody is forcing me." I finished telling him.

He is quiet for a moment before saying anything and nodding his head in agreement before looking at me.

"I regret that day. I ways told myself that I should never live with regret. But I do have it about that day I told you to leave and then you got taken. Shit, Anne. The first day I saw you I wanted to claim you as mine then and there. I had never wanted anyone or ANYTHING as much as I wanted you. Then after I got you back, it killed me knowing he could have done something to you. Something I could have prevented you from experiencing." He stops himself for a moment to wipe away some tears before he continues.

"I know you said you forgive me but I haven't been able to forgive myself. And as soon as you let me be with you, you accepted me as yours and you as mine, everything changed for me. I swore I would never let anything happen to you. So when this idea came up, I just, I didn't want to fuck up like I did before and risk you getting hurt or worse. Not that I don't trust Abria, because I do trust her and of course my uncle. And I understand this is your choice. But please don't ask me to not care enough to not worry about losing you." He tells me.

I begin tearing up more and we both lean our heads foreword and gently hold the side of each other's face with one hand while the others are still inlocked with one another still.

"I love you." I tell him.

"I love you more." He smiles then leans in and we kiss each other for a while.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)