lacuna (2)

It's almost six in the evening and Ruhan has just come home after school. She happily greets Ruwon who welcomes her by hugging her legs tightly.

Ruhan tickles the girl on the armpit making Ruwon laughs so hard and immediately let go of her legs.

Ruhan happily shows the ice cream that she bought for her. Ruwon screams in amazement takes off the wrap before shoving them into her mouth and running to her room as her mother caught her.

"Your sister coughed a lot. She just had the medicine a few minutes ago and look at what you did. Why did you give her ice cream to her? Do you want to make her condition worsen?"

Ruhan gasps, "I don't know that Ruwon is sick."

"You will never know about your sister because you're always so fulled of yourself." Her mother's words make Ruhan quickly shut her mouth.

Ruhan goes to the kitchen to have her dinner as she has been starving for food for hours. She couldn't eat peacefully today because the Dominators kept asking her to buy some foods at the snack bar and send those foods to them.

Ruhan has no idea which type of snacks they eat. So, she needs to go to the snack bar and go to their private room a few times until lunch ends. That makes Ruhan couldn't find time for herself to fill her stomach.

They are also the reason her money gets lessened day by day.

Ruhan's smile slowly fades away when she realizes that there's no food on the table. She takes a look at the rice cooker and slowly sighs when there's no food for her to eat. She looks at her mother and gets so confused.

"Where is the food?"

Her mother replies, "You said that you bought ice cream, right? That means you're full."

Ruhan parts her lips open the fridge and groans in pain when her mother suddenly hits her on the body and shuts the fridge.

"This is for Jungwon. Don't eat them."

"Your brother needs a lot of protein and energy to keep his great achievement in studying. He might get so exhausted from studying in the academy. This is for him."

Ruhan slowly nods and massaged her stomach as it groans again. She walks to her room, locks herself in the room, and lay on the bed without taking a shower.

She takes out her phone, reads her schedule, and chuckled softly when it is her turn for her to work tomorrow.

It's the night shift. She could go home at late night and spends her time stargazing while waiting for the last bus to have arrived at the station.

It's hard for her to leave the house because her parents are so strict about their children. They always ask her to come home after school ends and are not allowed to go somewhere else after that. She needs to be home at eight at night and stay in the house until tomorrow comes.

That's why Ruhan is so happy when she gets the night shift. She could look at the beautiful stars in the sky and see the colorful lights that come from hundreds of buildings in the city.

Again, her stomach groans because she starves for rice and stew. She knows that it will be so useless if she asks her mother for food that the woman saved for her favorite child, Jungwon.

she would never feed Ruhan if she will be dead
for starving for food.

to her mother, Jungwon is like the hope of the family. he could change the future of their family in the next few years. he could move his parents to an expensive and luxury house. he could hand them money and feed them delicious food. Jungwon probably could do all of them because his future is shining so bright. He will be more successful in the future anyway.