lacuna (10)

⚠️ this chapter contains⚠️
sensitive content. please skip if you're uncomfortable.

****

"Mom!"

"Stay away, Yang Jungwon!"

"Don't hit her with this!"

Jungwon tries to take the vacuum away from his mother but he is failed when his father comes and drags him into the room, just leaving Ruhan with her parents in the living room.

Jungwon knocks on the door hard and begs for them to stop hurting Ruhan but they don't care.

They bring her to the balcony of the house and hit her. Ruhan apologizes a few times and groans in hurt when they hit her again and again.

Ruhan's mother pulls her hair hand and hit her again causing a few bruises to spot her body. 

She cries harder as she gets so weak. She lays on the floor, just letting them hit her because there's no way to stop them anymore.

"Don't date at a young age. Don't date until you get a job!"

"Lock yourself in the room and study!"

"We did this because we care about you!"

"We care about your education because we know how to struggle it is to live a good life!"

"When will you realize, Ruhan?! We did this for you and this is what we get from you?"

"Date at a young age?!"

"Go on a date with a man?!"

"And come home at this time?!"

"Did you even study for the examination?!"

"You're a student! A student shouldn't date and do something unnecessary."

"Have fun?!"

"Don't ever dream that, Ha Ruhan."

"From now on."

"You're not allowed to go out with friends."

"You're not allowed to go out after 9 pm."

"Lock yourself in the room."

"Go home early and study."

"Do you get what I said?!"

Ruhan quickly leaves the balcony, goes to the bathroom, and throws up blood.

She rests her head on the sink, coughs, and throws up again. She looks at the mirror in the bathroom and cries harder as she looks so ugly with those bruises and wounds on her face.

"Stop with your bad acting. I will never let you go for that reason."

Her mom said.

"Honey, are you alright?"

"I'm so mad."

"Let's take a rest in the room. She gets what she deserves. Don't mind her."

They lock themselves in the room and don't even care about Ruhan who is struggling to keep herself awake from losing her consciousness.

As soon as Jungwon comes out of his room, Ruhan quickly locks the door of the bathroom because she doesn't want him to see her face.