lacuna (18)

"I shouldn't ask you to draw me."

Hari mumbles while looking at the drawing in disappointment. She has spent her time sitting on the chair, being a model to him as she wants him to draw her. She thought he will make good work but everything was useless when Jihoon doesn't draw her at all.

He wears his face instead of hers.

"Idiot."

Jihoon laughs.

"Why should I draw you? I only draw something I attract to and I'm not attracted to you."

Hari rolls her eyes,

"We have sent the school project to the teacher. So, are we going to separate now? Just like we promise to do?"

"Yes, but now we can act like we are friends when we meet."

Jihoon replies making Hari surprised.

"Why are you so kind to me? It's weird."

Jihoon laughs in response and takes out his new phone to call for Jungwon. He has been texting Ruhan a lot but she hasn't replied to his text at all.

It's been a week since he leaves her hanging and he feels sorry for not being able to stay by her side when his father sicks.

Jihoon doesn't want Ruhan to get distracted from her studying because of him. So he has nothing else to do other than leave her for a while and ask Jungwon to take a look at her when he's not around.

After Jihoon gets a new phone, he lost all of his contacts and data. He doesn't have pictures of Ruhan anymore and he lost all of their conversations in the chat.

It's a pity because he couldn't read the text that Ruhan sends to him the last time before he went to his father.

He still remembers that she has something to say that day. Before he could read her texts, he is so surprised after knowing about his father. His phone fells on the ground hard and he accidentally steps on it causing it to break.

He has no idea what she tells him.

So, when he texts her again. She doesn't see her texts and answer his calls at all. He wants to meet her if she has some free time because he misses the girl so much. He wants to ask about her day and stay by her side again. He wants to go to school and do everything just to meet her again.

He calls Jungwon for the second time to ask about Ruhan, and again, his calls get declined.

"Hari, can you take a look at my dad? I need to go somewhere else."

Hari nods,

"Just go. I will take care of your dad when you're not around."

"Thank you, Hari."

He pats her head, quickly leaves the school, and takes a taxi to Ruhan's apartment.

*******

"Yang Jungwon."

Jihoon approaches them making them stop on their ways and face him blankly.