✭ eight ✭

"As Dauntless we fight to protect every life inside the fence without fail. That's why we train you the way we do. To teach you not to give up" Four informed us while we were on the train.

"And to find out who has what it takes" He finished. Liz could feel his eyes on her but she didn't look up. She knew they were going to Amity. She didn't know wether to be happy or sad or angry.

The train pulled to a stop while Four said "Even though it's been quiet out there for years that could change at any moment. So we have to be ready for everything"

All of them jumped out of the train, Eric thankfully not with them. We made our way to wall and up a rusty set of stairs.

Liz was behind Tris and Four behind her as they looked out onto the Amity farms. "This is your old home Liz?" Tris asked her softly, some of the people around them turning to me.

"It was never my home" She relied shortly, looking into a house with a little girl playing outside in the front garden.

"What's out there?" Tris asked no one in particular and Liz didn't exactly want to deal with Tris and her existential crisis right now so she went down the stairs, pushing past Four who was stood next to her.

He followed her down the steps and onto the grass. They were walking for a bit before he asked "where are you going"

"Away form them" She replied. In reality she was going to her tree. It was only a few meters away before she heard a voice yell "Lizzie!?" She turned quickly to see Daisy run full speed into her.

She smiled and dropped to her knees right before the energetic 10 year old crashed into her. "What are you doing here" Daisy asked her, overjoyed at seeing her big sister.

"Just checking the fence cariña" Liz answered, pushing the hair out of Daisy's face. Daisy smiled and looked over her shoulder at Four who was smiling slightly but looked uncomfortable.

"Who's the scary guy?" Daisy not-so-subtly whispered to her sister who laughed at her and said "That's just Four. He's not really that scary"

He raised his eyebrows at her and she just smiled.

"Four, Liz. We're leaving" She heard Tris yell from a couple meters away. Four nodded at her and Liz turned to her sister who now had a frown on her face.

"Hey it's ok amorcita. You will see me on visiting day" She reassured her.

"No. Daddy says i'm not allowed to see you anymore" Daisy said sadly, unknowingly making Liz nearly shake in anger. Four saw it though and placed a hand on her shoulder calming her down.

Liz suddenly snapped her head to her sister. "Ok Daisy i need you to listen to me"

Daisy felt the seriousness in her sisters voice and nodded at her "Ok"

"I want you to send a letter to Abnegation. They will take you to Dauntless on visiting day, alright?" Liz instructed, knowing Abnegation would never refuse a little girl who just wanted to see her big sister.

Daisy nodded happily at the prospect of seeing her i the future and Liz kissed her forehead. "Ok, now go play. Te amo"

"Te amo, Lizzie" Daisy said waving bye to her sister. "Bye Mr Scary Man" She shouted over her shoulder as she ran home. Four raised a hand and awkwardly waved which made Liz laugh. He glared playfully at her as they walked to the train where everyone else was walking to.

"She's cute" He said after walking with the others when they reached the train. "And a pain in my arse" She replied, jumping in the train car.

-

They were back at Dauntless now and it was knife throwing time, one of Liz's favourite parts. She admired the knife set that they were given and found they were the exact same ones that Shane had knicked from the Dauntless facility before he left. These are what she trained with.

Even though she knew her skills in this were good, she still listened carefully to Fours instructions which were almost word for word what Shane had told her.

He demonstrated a couple times before giving them free rein and basically telling them to have at it.

Liz immediately picked up one of the knives and ran her finger over the blade. She could have sworn she almost drooled at how sharp it was, pricking her finger in the process.

She held it just how she was taught to, corrected her stance before throwing the knife at the target.

Bullseye

She smirked but then dropped it. 'If you get cocky you make mistakes, make mistakes and you die' That's what Shane had told her at least.

Eric, Four and the other initiates had watched her and while Eric looked annoyed, the other kids envious, Four looked not surprised but pleased.

"Why aren't we throwing?" Eric yelled when he noticed everyone only staring as i picked up another knife.

All the other initiates got to work with their own, and left Liz to it. Four walked up to her and said "The work of Shane Dixon i'm guessing?" He asked her.

"No. It was my work. But he taught me, yes" She replied not taking her eyes off the target as she threw another knife, it landing right next to the other.

"Right" Four said, still watching her throw them looking for ways to constructively criticise her. He didn't find any.

It seemed that Liz wasn't the only good one in the room though. Tris seemed to have possession of the knife throwing ability too. It made Liz smile, she finally found something she was a natural at.

Although, it seemed Al wasn't having the same luck. When he and Eric had argued for a minute, he was asked to stand in front of the target.

These people have no self-preservation whatsoever.