Prologue: a boy named Kami

(note: this prologue includes two really good friends of mine on maknaenae_14xp. Their sisters-in-law and I thought it'd be fun to invite them into the story. Soooooooo~ hi Ruby, Hey Val! 👋🏼)

Eight years ago . . .

It a sunny afternoon in the large orphange as all throughout the house was noisy and loud. An older boy with soft brown hair and slight freckles on his cheeks played with the younger children beside him. A smile was on his face as he rolled around on the floor with one of the little girls.

The boy giggled before sitting up with them as an older girl came by, a comfy sweater that fit her name. "Ruby, come play!" The younger girl said, her large black ears twitching around as the girl named Ruby scruched her nose and shook her head.

"Sorry everyone, but your big sister is a little too busy. And Kami, shouldn't you be in bed?" she asked politely, the boy who was nicknamed Kami chuckled at the familiar girl's statement and shook his head.

"Not from what I know, I already took my medicine earlier~! Plus, our own little Marko and Jihyo asked nicely. And well, dragged me out of my bed." ge replied, the little boy behind him puffing his cheeks before quickly turning around to hear Kami's laughter.

"Okay~ but if Lady Olivia notices you running around, she'll-"

"She'll be turning into a mighty fire breathing dragon!" Kami announced with a beaming smile, the children around him being amazed while others laughed. Ruby rolled her eyes before helping her fellow orphan to his feet.

"I'm just saying, you have pink-eye, and you're sick with a cough!" Ruby protested, Kami nodded. "So, you have to be back in bed." The children around her soon whinned and grunted at their big sister's sentence, clearly unhappy that their friend would be in bed as his sickness only brought him away from playing with them.

Kami giggled once more before crouching towards them. "C'mon Ruby, Kami, just one more story? Then you can go back." one of the little boys whinned, his caramel fists raised to his chest. Kami raised an eyebrow, his pink eyes shinning in the morning rays of the sun.

An older woman soon came by, touching the boy's shoulder. Her hair was tied up into a bun colored silver, her eyes a piercing blue, and her smile as similar to that of a grandmother. "Darlings, you know how our Chamomile is sick, we should be giving him all the time he needs to rest." she said in a gentle and warm tone.

"But Lady Olivia, what if it takes longer?" one of the little girls asked as Ruby looked down at her figure, seeing her high ponytail swish around.

"Val," she started, Kami poked his chin before snapping his fingers.

"I'll just have to spill a secret then~!" he said, the others looked at him in confusion as he continued. "Grandmother, with all due respect, I know that you're only keeping me safe, but I don't want to keep the others waiting. So please, just one story?~" the boy asked, his voice becoming more tender and sweet as his pink eyes melted Lady Olivia's heart as she put a wrinkled hand onto her chest.

"Oh Chamomile, sweet darling~" she started before walking to him, before carressing his hair and down to his cheek as if he were her own grandson. "I'm afraid I can't let that happen, pink-eye is like the flu, it spreads to others." she said, Kami nodded, understanding her words as the children began to whine and cry once more. He chuckled.