chapter 11: Little Kidult

"you and me hanging from the willow tree~ Quietly, drifting in the open breeze~ Suddenly, the wind blows you away from me~ Now, I see, we were never meant to be~"

- Willow Tree, Rosendale

*Goblin's POV*

I looked at Manalii who seemed dazed at what she saw, I raised an eyebrow before snapping my fingers to get her attention, white sparks flying off my nails instantly. "Earth to tiny lion cub, ya there?" I asked, giggling at how she shook her head out of her trance before she nodded. "Then what's up with you?"

I then saw her pointing towards the painting in front of us as it seemed to be tied up by vines that suddenly grew, as if to capture the painting whole. It was really slow though, and we could still see it, but it did freak me out a little bit but made me curious at the same time. "Who's that?" Mini asked me, it broke the silence as I raised an eyebrow before realizing who it was.

"Remember the bad guy I was telling you about?" Manalii nodded before I pointed back at the painting. "I think we just found his portrait." I continued before I saw her eyes widened, it made me giggle and ruffle her hair before we continued exploring the room we were in before I heard my younger dreamer whimper, she looked worried about something. "You okay Mini?" I asked, Mini stayed silent as I hopped off of the ledge I tiptoed on before walking to her. I soon sat down, crossing my legs inwards while glancing at her. I was a little worried since her whimpering didn't sound too good.

"Are you sure?" I asked, Mini only grunted before turning towards me, her beach wavy hair flowing in the wind before landing on her back as her face was all strawberry pink like my hair. She wasn't okay.

"The painting," she started, my ears wiggled. "It's really big." I blinked, not truly understanding before glancing at the painting of the man I just talked with before entering Limbo Grove. I then turned my head back to her.

"Does it scare you?" I asked, Mini blushed even more before nodding. I smiled and tilted my head. Figures.

She did have a point, it was a little freaky and Taemin's eyes were closed and he did clutch his sword to his chest, but I had an odd feeling that it might move or open it's eyes as if to know that we were here. "Well, I guess Limbo Grove is just weird like that. Kinda like that enchanted castle in Beauty and The Beast." I said, still taking note of the painting as Manalii nodded before I saw her looking down, the space under the object.

You would've thought there would be nothing but a stone wall, but apparently not. Instead, there was another well that had an identical one right above our heads at the ceiling. And somehow we didn't see it the first time! "Where the heck did the Wishing Well come from?!" I asked in shock as Mini jumped from my loud voice, I apologized.

I couldn't contain my curiosity, so I dashed towards it and looked inside, Manalii joining me.

*A/N's POV*

As the two looked inside the well of lavender water, it gave off a sparkle similar to fairy dust as it showed images of familiar objects that would belong in the manor of an orphanage that the young dreamers lived in. A ukulele decorated with chamomile flowers, an old spy glass that a shadow of a young boy looked through, two swords of differing colors, and in young small hands was a book of fairytales.

It made Manalii and Goblin confused as they didn't know what to think of their discovery. Was the well trying to tell them something? Was it only playing with their heads? Was the image even real? No one had an answer to give, they were still surprised. "Maybe it talks?" Manalii asked, though doubting her own mind, Goblin only shrugged.