chapter 19: Cookie Dough!

"Magic doesn't create miracles, but helps you discover them."

- Ah-yi, Sound of Magic

Kio instantly crawled out of the bed, looking at her rival with shock as they panted and huffed from the shock. Lady Wendy then looked at Sangyeon for a moment, a little shocked herself. "Well, first off, good morning," Sangyeon started, killing the silence that flooded the room.

"Sangyeon-"

"And second, I have no clue. Maybe Daisy was sleep walking, but it is weird since you both know the new rule that Lady Olivia has made." The man thought aloud, though, it only earned him a strange look from both girls.

Daisy puffed her cheeks before clenching a fist before rushing out of the bed, dashing out the room while Lady Wendy saw a flash of blushing red on her face, either of embarrassment or frustration. "Well, she's not happy to hear that, Sangyeon." She stated, earning Sangyeon a chuckle.

It didn't take long for Kio to start moving out of the bed, wanting to forget the weird dream and the odd encounter with her bully. But, she couldn't shake off the feeling that something different happened.

It was strange, yet fun as the rivalry was much more for the enjoyment than fighting until blood shed. In a way, it was as if they were the sisters instead of her and Manalii. "Man, she is a pretty strange girl though. Weirder than the twins actually," Sangyeon said while ruffling Kio's messy morning hair.

Lady Wendy then walked in, looking around the room, not seeing the much smaller girl that was normal clung to Kio's side. "Speaking of girls, where's Mini?" Her question made Kio flinch as she started to search for her friend, right before hearing a thud.

A whimper then came right after. "Ow~!" Sangyeon and Kio then looked on the side of the bed, just to see the little girl covering her head, trying her best not to tear up from the pain. Lady Wendy then cooed at the girl, slowly picking her up as Manalii rubbed her head on the woman's chest.

Kio soon sighed, her heartbeat slowing down like that of her dream, her fluffy ears even flopping. Though, Sangyeon did raise an eyebrow as he was curious of what she dreamt of if it sent her into a panic that quickly. However, he didn't pry, he honestly didn't want to as it would probably scare them both just like what happened a couple seconds ago.

Though, another question did pop up in his head, the two little rabbits that Manalii took care of. And as his thoughts trailed into how the heck the two brought rabbits into the house, Manalii hopped from Lady Wendy's arms as her tiny bare feet dashed towards the bed, pulling out the basket that carried the two creatures that Sangyeon thought of.

"Hi again," she whispered, her shyness slightly going away, as if she didn't mind the two adults just behind her. In fact, all her attention was on the rabbits as she fed them the treats that the magician had given her just the night before. "Soobin, don't eat all the berries, save some for Arin too~!"

Her tail then softly slithered out swaying on the floor like a broom as her small figure relaxed from the tension while she fed the rabbits, even her small crooked smile showed. Sangyeon couldn't help but smile at the scene, seeing how the little one was so attached to her animal friends, he couldn't bother asking as he didn't want to ruin what he saw.

But, biting his tongue, he knew all too well what would happen if Lady Olivia found out. He had to tell her, but, not now.

Not while she had just woken up from sleeping.

Not while she and Kio were hurting.

And, not while such a huge problem, bigger than them, was going on behind the scenes. "So, what were you two dreaming about? Was it the magician that you visited?" Lady Wendy asked, breaking Sangyeon's thoughts.