chapter 4: a sneaky squirrel

"I'm in love with a fairytale, even though it hurts. Cause I don't care if I lose my mind, I'm already cursed."

- Fairytale, Alexander Rybak

Manalii soon looked at Kio as she was just as surprised as the grey bunny soon woke up, bouncing over to the older girl while wiggling his fluffy excited ears. Kio on the other hand was wondering how in the world the two had come up to the attic as the grey fluffy creature then squeaked before seeing the white rabbit hop off of the bed, dashing over to the wall in front of her as she then pointed out a small hole that was right at it's corner.

Kio was impressed to say it out loud. "You smart little rascals!" she said, though keeping her voice low as Manalii covered her mouth while softly giggling. The older girl then looked at the rabbits closely, tilting her head and raising an eyebrow before pointing at them. "Hmmm, maybe we should give them names." she suggested.

"But lady Irene said that-" Kio cut Mini off with a ruffle to the head.

"I know what she said, but, maybe this one time." She said, Manalii looked up at her friend in worry.

"Are you sure?" She asked, her doe eyes sparkling as it made Kio chuckle.

"I mean, they are friends with us. Right? Plus, they're probably hungry." The girl answered, commenting on the little bunnies' stomach, but possibly their own as well. Manalii then crouched down to the rabbits as they looked up at her. Kio came down as well, sitting right next to her. "Maybe this one could be Arin?" she asked, pointing at the white rabbit as she squeaked in response.

"Well, I guess she likes it. Now for this little fella." Kio replied, poking the grey rabbit's nose as the little guy seemed to blush out of surprise and embarrassment.

Manalii then glanced at him, petting his head in a gentle manner as the rabbit cooed at her in response, flopping his ears as the girls almost saw a smile that came from him. Kio's heart must have grown a size or two as she was pounding her chest from seeing how cute the little creature was.

Though, her own ears flicked as did Arin's as they heard a woman calling the girls down for breakfast, along with a familiar voice who playful yet gentle steps could be heard from afar. "Crud, it's Jihyo! Hide them!" Kio whisper-yelled while flailing her arms around as Manalii gathered their fluffy friends into a baby blanket that she saw earlier, wrapped them up, and hid the two under their large bed as she saw Kio getting up to open the door.

"Hey you two, how did you sleep?" The oldest girl instantly asked, peeking into the forbidden room as she then heard a loud thud that came from the bed that was near the window. "And are you okay Mini?"

Jihyo then went over to where Manalii was as the little one was groaning from the pain of the hit, she bumped her head on the bed's frame when trying to get out of the hiding place she laid out for her bunny buddies. The teen girl then slightly moved the younger girl's head, checking to make sure that she was okay.

Thankfully there was no blood and nothing happened when she searched throughout Manalii's hair. Jihyo then ruffled her hair slightly before looking at her eyes. "Nothing bad happened, you're alright Min~" the teen ended, though feeling Manalii's head softly falling on her chest, in response laying a hand on the girl's head while Kio smiled in relief that her friend was okay.

Jihyo then looked at the girl's, noticing how they slightly seemed a bit better than before. "Let's all go have breakfast, hm? Plus Lady Wendy said that we could go to the library after school~!" She then felt Manalii nod as Jihyo then helped the little girl to her feet as the three then began to rush downstairs, Kio mostly closing the door to only leave it ajar.