chapter 7: wonderful wishing

"At this rate, I kind of wish I could show myself. And, I don't wanna hide anymore."

"Then, you won't have to. I know you're not one to hide in the dark."

- unknown

The blossoming atmosphere around the two new buddies was more than wonderful, it was magical, and rightfully so as Manalii was amazed by how pretty everything was.

The newly named Lotus on the other hand smiled softly, a small smile. Not just at Manalii herself, but at the name she had given him. Perhaps, he never had a name before meeting, plus, he's didn't want to be called "flower boy" by his other friends anymore. Now, it was just Lotus, and, he stuck with it.

However, the fun wasn't about to stop there, oh no, Lotus had one more trick up his sleeve and he didn't want to have the little one give him a gift without giving one back. "Mini." He said, Manalii turned around as she looked at him. "Give me your hands for a moment." He said.

The girl hesitated as she was unsure of what her new friend was going to do, however, she did as she was told. Lotus sighed as he rubbed his thumbs onto hers, unsure of his own magic, but he was going to try.

Lotus then started to hum again, that same lullaby from before as Manalii wondered about what he was doing. Sparks of soft pink dust then danced in his large hands as flowers slowly bloomed, popping up as it soon created a circle of them.

The little girl in front of Lotus gasped as she didn't know what to say, which made the boy giggle at her surprised face, pretty soon he saw her smile for the first time

The little girl in front of Lotus gasped as she didn't know what to say, which made the boy giggle at her surprised face, pretty soon he saw her smile for the first time. "Awww, there's that smile. Here, put it on!" He said with a cheerful grin, helping the girl put the crown of flowers on her head.

Manalii then giggled at how it slightly tickled. "Thank you!" she said, Lotus nodding and smiling before hearing a loud thud.

"What was that?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as Manalii flinched, Lotus rubbed her head in response. "It's alright, I'll go find out."

Lotus then began to get up and search around the place before finding a pile of pink petals behind the tree. The boy tilted his head, for sure it was normal to see why petals always fell down from the tree, but not so many unless you were willing to jump in. Lotus wondered if someone was inside. "hello?" he asked.

Manalii soon heard her friend and came rushing over, holding onto her crown of flowers tightly. "Who's, in there?" She shyly asked, Lotus shrugged.

"It could just be the wind or- OH MY BLOOMING!!!" the boy shouted, crashing into the grass below him, his butt coming first. Something definitely shook, but what popped out right after wasn't an animal or the window but instead a familiar face that Manalii had seen before with Kio.

It was that blonde angel. It was then that Manalii rightfully screamed while the angel didn't know if he should be holding in his laughter or feel terrible for scaring the two. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you flower boy. You too, Manalii." He managed to spit out while getting up.