chapter 8: new name, new day

"The times when we feel down, are the times when we search for the clues to be optimistic and positive. Pretty cool, right?"

- unknown

Manalii's tiny groans soon made her body move as she ended up hugging the real sleeping Kio tightly as well as in her magical dream that she soon woke up from. The little girl hummed before opening her eyes to see Kio peacefully sleeping she then looked at her neck, wondering where her choker went as her neck was empty.

Was it all truly just a dream?

The little one then turned around to the other side, looking at the door before hearing tiny snores that sounded very high pitched. "Hm? Oh." she whispered as she looked down and realized that it was just the two bunnies sleeping peacefully in their basket right next to her while cuddled up nicely in a blanket.

Mini didn't want to wake them up so, she turned back around to Kio and dove into the blankets, only to bump her small head on the older girl's stomach. It made Kio groan. "Well morning to you too tiny human." she said while looking down at the bump next to her, Kio could see that Mini's head was probably a little disturbed. "Did you dream about them again?" She asked.

She could feel nod and Kio sighed with a bit of relief, thankful that it wasn't anything bad. "But. But, it was a bad dream at first." The younger one mumbled. Kio patted the bump that was Manalii's head. The older girl then lifted the blanket as she saw her friend all curled up in a tight ball, her cheeks all puffed up.

She saw how her freckles cheeks and nose matched with her embarrassed cherry colored blush. "Wanna come out and tell me about it?" Kio softly asked, Manalii groaned as she thought about it.

The girl soon crawled out as Kio looked at her friend, wanting to listen to her side of the story as Manalii wondered if the two had shared the same dream again, but Kaori looked like she didn't know at all. In fact, a bit more confusion would be more like it. Soon, Mini started telling Kio about everything that happened in her sleepy journey.

Kio began to nod as she soon sat up cross-legged. However, when her friend was about to finish, she noticed once more of how her neck was empty with no brilliant glowing choker in sight.

"Where's your choker?" She asked, Kio raised an eyebrow.

"What choker?" She replied, Manalii's eyes widened as the little one soon remembered that it was truly a dream.

"I saw you wearing one in my dream, it had this really pretty gem in the middle too." She tried to explain, Kio nodded as she listened as they were both equally confused, but soon brushed it aside as Kio spotted two sets of clothes ready for wearing on one of the other beds.

The preteen guessed that it was for them as they were the only ones in the room, however, there was also a note on the bedside as well. "Uhhhhh, did you ever dream about us getting different clothes in the morning?" She asked with a bit of sarcasm in her throat, Manalii shook her head as Kio pointed behind her towards the clothes and note.

Mini turned to look as she saw that they were pretty casual, but they also fit with both of them. Though, with what was probably Kio's clothes was a newspaper boy's hat that belonged to someone, probably Kaori as she snapped her fingers. "That's probably my clothes." she said, hoping out of her bed and towards the clothes as she picked up the note to read it.

_______________________________________
Hi Kio, morning Mini. Sorry for the squirrel problem, and I owe you one for helping me out. Thought these would maybe cheer you up from yesterday, and I sort of got some help from Lady Wendy (don't tell her I admitted that).