chapter 18: Pandora's box

"The most special things are always beside you."

- San, Ateez

Kio and Daisy then had a glance at each other, as if to ask if either one was going to wake the younger girl that slept peacefully. On one hand, they did find her fair and square, and that it would be fun for Daisy to run around and chase her down.

But on the other hand, both girls equally didn't want to awkwardly stop the moment. Though, as luck would have it, Manalii woke up to their shuffling. She groaned quietly and rubbed her eyes before the shock of the two girls in front of her surprised her. "Um, uhhh! Sorry!" she whispered, whimpering as Kio sighed and patted her head.

She then chuckled. "Found you, sleep head." Manalii then hopped out of the closet as Daisy rolled her eyes at the two's friendship.

"Oh please, if she snored, then it would've been easier." She mumbled.

"Huh, much like you do." Kio replied, a calmer as well. It made Daisy a bit surprised to see her reaction. However, that wasn't exactly on hand as there were more friends to find as they heard December and Sunghoon's giggles throughout the halls as the peaceful slumber was officially disturbed.

But instead of being creepy, the two looked at each other. "Soooo~ a challenge?" Daisy asked, smirking at Kio, her rival giggled.

"Nope, that's cheating! YOU PUNKS!" she yelled before swinging Manalii to her back as the two ran off, matching each other's speed as they went to find the others as best as they could. The halls of the house began moving again, the floors giving the two a challenge as the carpets began sweeping the floor like waves.

The girls soon chased the boys around, running quite fast to catch them as December and Sunghoon stopped and looked at one another. "I'm catching them first loud-mouth!" Daisy hollered, Kio rolled her eyes before seeing the two winter boys suddenly run in different directions.

Daisy then bumped into the wall before whirling her head from side to side before running off to the left of the hallway. Kio and Manalii took the right as Sunghoon went that way. "What the hell, Sunghoon!" She yelled, her voice echoing from afar as she heard some of the others giggling.

It didn't take long for some of the others to be found as they had good hiding places, but they just didn't know how to be quiet. Especially Sun-Spot. "Found you, sunny boy~!" Daisy joked, giggling to herself as Sun-Spot couldn't help but giggle with her.

"Yeah, and maybe Bravery too." He replied, right before they both heard some thuds on the ceiling. "Yup."

"Well, let's go find him!" Daisy announced as Sun-Spot hopped down from his hiding place as they ran around, following the sounds just above the ceiling. "Bravery, come back here!"

Soon, the group split once more to find the others that hid around the house. "Um uhhh, I'll take west and you take east." said Sun-Spot, though, seeing Daisy groaning to herself before puffing her cheeks and giving him a thumbs up.

She then gave him a sharp nod. "Okay." The pre-teen soon dashed off into the well-known east wing of the manor. Sun-Spot then raised an eyebrow before dashing off himself to find the others who were still hiding. Though, it didn't take too long to find kite as Daisy had an idea of how to find him. "Red Robin~" she sang.

"Yum~" Kite replied as Daisy gave chase to where he was. "Oh my God!" It didn't take long for the others to become a little scared of the girl's heavy and loud footsteps as they hid.

~ a couple hours of finding the others later ~

Most of everyone had been found, hiding in places where they could easily pop in and out to make it harder for the seekers to find them. "Okay, I don't think I've ever been this scared of kids before. Like, my heart was pumping at the sound of them running!" Little Boo said, putting a hand to his heart as he sighed deeply while December held his laughter.