chapter 14: magic hour

"I'm the place you can come to, you're the place I can go to."

- Home, Seventeen

After the performance that the children put on at random, they soon gathered around each other in an embrace as the audience beyond them cheered. "That was amazing, you guys rocked it!" The drummer boy said as Kio shyly bowed towards the two performers, panting from all of the energy. Yechan nodded as he had a gentle smile towards them, it already said a thousand compliments to the seven children.

"Thanks, I had fun!" Kio said, smiling at the two as the drummer giggled.

"For sure, maybe I could learn a thing or two from your happy feet~!" The drummer then looked up at Sangyeon. "And pa, you've got a pretty cool kid."

Sangyeon then looked at Kio fondly with a gentle smile, the drummer had a bit of a point. He then ruffled her hair before looking at the time, seeing that the sun was setting. And as they bid the plaza performers farewell, it was the violin's sudden lullaby that made Manalii and Kio turn around for a moment.

The red head that played every note seemed to be whisked away by the spring breeze as a soft glow carried every color in the world as they travelled around like the northern lights. The way that every string seemed to make the two's hair sway back and forth as Yechan smiled at the sky even though his eyes were closed. It made Kio wonder if he was even real for a moment.

Though, what broke her train of thought and ended Yechan's performance was a hand gesturing both of them to come with. "Kio, you coming?" asked Sangyeon, seeing the girl nod and run towards him while dragging Mini with her. "C'mon, or we're gonna miss the magic show!"

"Guys, are you coming?" A man asked as Yechan and the drummer nodded before packing their stuff and dashing towards him.

It was then, while the seven children followed Sangyeon like ducklings, Kit sat on a tree branch and saw beyond the seemingly normal scene. "At least they're having fun before going home," he muttered, a gentle swoon in his voice as he then giggled.

Lotus rolled his eyes as he raised an eyebrow at the outward thought that Jihyo and Markus gave hours ago. "I'll admit, they aren't that far off with their idea."

"Idea?" asked Kit, Lotus nodded and began to climb the tree and sit right next to his friend.

"Yeah, he's not that far from saying that one dreamer is almost like a fairy. But, not quite. Still, those people in the plaza feel . . . . . familiar." The younger boy said, Kit rolled his eyes before slapping Lotus' back with his hand.

"Okay, ow. Was it something I said?!" He asked.

"Yeah, no theories, not at this sunset. Fun, only." said Angel as he then began playfully wacking his wings on Lotus' head as the two screamed with laughter. "Plus, I'd rather you not instantly think of things like that. Not when they can probably hear us."

"Well, that's only in a daydream." Lotus replied, a laughter still in his throat as Angel sighed and relaxed his body on the tree's trunk with a deep sigh.

"Fair play, but maybe let's save that thought for a story." The flower boys nodded in agreement, though as they chatted for a while longer and watched the children fondly, there was another who saw the situation of the invisible people.

And as the giant clock began to tick, most laughter and clever steps began patting on the ground as the seven children and Sangyeon reached the magic show as if on cue. Though, once they entered, most got excited while Manalii stepped back. It wasn't any wonder that Mini would be an appropriate nickname for her.