chapter 3: starry night, firefly bright

(note: this chapter is in reference to minniebeloved's book "Rainbow Fairies", so hope you like it Min! <3)

"Ocean, desert, the world. everything's, the same thing, different name. I see ocean, I see desert, I see the world. everything's, the same thing, but with a different name. it's life again."

- Sea, BTS

*Kio's POV*

I looked up at how this strange boy was flying around giggling at me while hanging to a kite before gracefully coming back down with a smile on his face. "You believe me now?" He asked, letting the kite go and fly on it's own, right before it came back to nudge him playfully and zoom into another part of the house that he lived in as the boy sat down, waiting for my answer as I held Manalii close to me.

"How did you do that?" I asked, the boy tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. "Come again?" "How did you get that kite?!" I asked again, he chuckled, he then stood up.

"Easy, what you imagine in your head becomes a reality in your dreams. I only just snapped it~" he paused as I saw him snapping his fingers loudly, the sound echoing while waking up Manalii in shock. "into existence." he finished. "But you never answered my question though, do you believe me or not?"

I pondered about his question before I saw the kite flying back with another boy with longer blonde hair and bare feet chasing it as if it were a dog that wouldn't obey it's owner, I giggled before nodding. "I guess so." I answered.

"Hey, put that down! That's for our guests!" The boy said, I looked at him since he was behind the couch I was sitting on as he seemed to be in his older teen years, same with the other boy. The kite was carrying to hot drinks on a plate as it then stopped right in front of me and Manalii as it then flapped.

The boy in front of me then giggled. "I guess your little friend was dreaming about flying~!" He suggested, Manalii sat up and blinked as she seemed surprised.

"How, how did you know?!" she asked, I looked at her in confusion.

"Like I said to your friend over there, imagination becomes reality when your dreaming. Really, you can do whatever you want, but~" the boy paused again as my ears flicked.

"What?" I asked.

"They can also reveal the truth." he answered. I looked out at the curtains that were closed as a flash of lightning crashed against the window as me and Mini screamed, the boy giggled as he then handed us the hot drinks, we stopped screaming as I saw him looking at the window, then back at us. "What? It's only a storm." He said softly as I accepted the drink, seeing how tears were forming in my own eyes.

I looked away before I started drinking it, though slightly burning my lip as my spine shook and another roll of thunder came from my pain. "Ow- ah!" I shouted, almost dropping my cup as the two boys looking at me with realization.

"Oh, so the storm's coming from you. Huh, weird, I thought it was coming from your friend over there." The blonde one said. Manalii looked up at me with worry as I looked at the mysterious boys.

"Can I stop it?" I asked, though doubting my question as the rain continued. But when I looked at the kite boy in front of me, he nodded.

"Yup, not that hard really. But, drink up first before I tell~!" He answered, I did as I was told and slowly drank the hot water down to the last drop, though accidentally slurp as I heard the two boys and Manalii giggling, though my best friend covered her mouth to not embarrass herself, and I laughed along with them.