Shattered

"I wish time
had better timing
for you and me"

——————————————————

Dev's PoV

I need to marry her I do not have any other option left it's been week since I talked to Adi, I miss her, I miss her laugh, I miss her voice, I am keeping track of is she by Sai and Shub and of course she is worried about why I am not picking up her calls and replying to her texts but I can't just do this. Today is series starter I need to perform well I am playing not too well from past few matches and there is so much of competition around that I don't know if I will get chance again or not, My mobile pinged with message I read it from notification bar it said "All the best, you know what you are capable of and I know you are gonna give your best, go well, Love <3"
I wish you were here with me but our destiny has other plans.
I padded up as we were batting first and while I was walking towards the ground and making my way through the stairs I heard some people saying shit about me while some cheering for me and India, I decided to focus on good ones and give my best one, it was early wicket of Rahul bhai 30/1 and then Virat bhai came and then his wicket fall while we were on 107/2 then Shreyas bhai came in he scored 50 out of 27 balls and on next ball he got out while India was on 220, I was now on 94 runs and we were around 5 wickets loss, The bowler bowled a full speed and I flicked it for six and that was my 1st century in One Day International, I kissed the flag on my helmet and then thanked god and looked at the spider camera and gave smile hoping for Adi to see it. I got out on 121 and India's total score was 328/7 which was pretty good on this pitch and now it was time for us defend which we did very nicely, I got Man of the Match award for 121 runs and 2 catches, I was very happy and sad at the same time I wished I could share my happiness with her, I had planned the day I will score my first ODI century, I will give flying kiss to her and make our relationship official but my dreams got shattered into pieces, we all did little bit of winning celebration in the dressing room and then headed towards our hotel while we were in the bus I switched on my mobile and saw tons of notifications and messages and I opened mail and saw my favourite person's mail "Knew you would do it, so so so proud of you, Love <3" and it was attached by her pic from the stadium, she was here today, she saw it live, I just can't believe how helpless I am, as soon the celebration ended I went in bedroom changed my clothes and kept scrolling through our pics together and cried myself to sleep, the day where I have to be happiest, I am sad.

Adi's PoV

It was the Match day.

Dev hasn't been picking up my calls since forever now. I don't know what going on his mind.

My eveyday mood depends on him now. I'll be upset the whole day if we don't talk. And here he hasn't be picking up my calls nor replying to my messages.

He has been constantly ignoring me. Why is he doing that? What went so wrong? Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt him?

I kept messaging him, calling him and sent him mails too. But no reply.

But I get to know about him through Shub and Sai.

Our parents have still not agreed to our relationship. God why? Can I get someone whom I love so much? I don't want anyone, I just want him. Can't I get that single person. Am I asking for so much? It's just a person I asked for!!

I went for the match. Dev was playing incredibly well.

He hit his first ODI hundred. I couldn't control my tears! He did it!

He has dreamt of it since his childhood. He made his country, his parents and everyone so proud!!

That's my boy! That's who he is! I clicked a picture of mine quickly and sent it with a mail since he has blocked me for God knows which reason. I decided to meet him he clearly dosent wants to buy I have to, I opened my suitcase to change my outfit and my eyes fell upon our pic together, It was from our first trip and his first birthday with me in Spain.

We (Shub, Sai and Me) decided to pretend like we forget and continue with our plan for the trip it was around 10:30pm we just had come from our open bus tour and we all jumped on couch and Dev asked "Guys what's plan for tomorrow" as if he is aski...

We (Shub, Sai and Me) decided to pretend like we forget and continue with our plan for the trip it was around 10:30pm we just had come from our open bus tour and we all jumped on couch and Dev asked "Guys what's plan for tomorrow" as if he is asking we remember his birthday or not "Baby, you have to wait for that" I said in my mind and when we said our trip plan his face became quite sad and angry he looked hella cute, when we went into our room he asked me again and I said that in annoyed way "Baby it's the same plan why are you asking again and again?" he replied with "nothing, good night" he kissed me on forehead and slept and I slept beside him and it was like 1145 and just 15 min had left, now it was time for our plan, I woke up Dev and said in one breath "Dev I am not getting sleep and feeling really anxieted, I guess I need some fresh air and I am scared to go out alone" he agreed almost immediately and he got so tensed that he was gonna wake up Sai who was not in her room but I told him that I will be fine with walk, we walked on seashore, we had resort type apartment by seashore so it felt so beautiful, and for once he didn't looked at clock all he was worried for is that if I am fine or not and that is kind of what attracts me towards him and from little far he saw a tent kind of thing and we went towards it and no one was there and at exact 12, we all screamed "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEV" and light lit and it looked so beautiful

I kissed him and then Shub and Sai hugged him and we cut the cake and Shub and Sai left giving us 'privacy' and we stayed that night in the tent cuddling and half of the time saying how grateful we are for each other and talked alot about our future we knew that was too early but we were so sure about each other in those few days we didn't needed any further validation or realisation, we were so lost in each other and our talks that we didn't realised it was 4am it was dawn and it looked gorgeous, and suddenly I went out where decoration was and called him out and told him to close his eyes
I knelled down and held promise ring in my hand told him open his eyes
"Mr.Devdutt Padikkal, I promise you to be by your side no matter what, I know this long distance relationship is going to be hard but we love each other and that's all that matters, so will you officially be mine?" and he hugged me so tightly and lifted me up, that was best moment of my life, everything was like colors of rainbow usually rainbow comes after storm but in our story rainbow came before the storm.

---------------------------------

Heyyyyyy guyssss
So a chapter about my favourite Devika, how is the ship name? Comment down other ship name if you have? Also for Shubman and Saira, how about Shira?
We are so close to 5k reads
Love you guys❤️

DO VOTE AND COMMENT