Fate's Fault

"All Beauty has a Little Tragedy"

Shubman's PoV

"Some things never change," I said, looking at this heavenly gorgeous woman who is ticking off everything from her dream list and is the talk of the town. I remember her telling me one day, "Ek din I will be on the cover of every bestselling magazine, and every ramp would be empty without me." I was smiling sheepishly when I heard Dev saying to me, "Pagal hai kya tu?" I looked at him in wonder and then saw Sai storming out of the house with Adi running to stop her. I asked Dev, "Ki hoya?" He looked at me, then at the magazine in my hand, and I realized that my words had come out wrong. I had no intention of it sounding that way. I started to go after her, but Adi stopped me midway and said, "Chode de usse akela, jab dekho tab bas jhagdte rehte hai."

"Adi, I didn't mean it to come out that way. I was appreciating her," I whispered the last line. They both looked at me with expressions that said "explain," so I did.

"I broke up with Sara three days ago. I realized it wasn't working, and I was wasting both of our time," I continued. "And also because somewhere down the line, I knew I was at fault too. I got too involved in PR and underestimated her feelings for me. Unknowingly, I started ignoring her calls. When she called me out on that, I got defensive and fought with her."

"I know I made a mistake. That's why for the past three days, I've been trying to rectify it, but I knew it's a long road with no end. All we can be is friends because... for obvious reasons." I couldn't get those words out. It physically hurt my heart to see them together, happy like she used to be with me. I cannot stand them getting married.

"You haven't seen the news, have you?" Adi asked.
"What news?" He showed me the news, and I could literally see the whole past year flashing before my eyes. I blamed her, insulted her, and called her names. She needed me, and I wasn't there. She pleaded, but I ignored her.

I did everything wrong. I should have fought for her. Instead, I fought with her. I broke her, broke us. I don't deserve her after all that I've done. She is so much better off with Abhi. I'm going to ask for her forgiveness, then be a good friend to her and Abhi.

I went to my room and sat on the corner of the bed. All those things sounded good in my head until they reached my heart. I can never be a friend to her. I love her. I let my ego come between us. I am so stupid. I need to find her. Where could she go? She barely has two friends besides us. It's already been half an hour. I decided to search the terrace and the rest of the amenities of the society.

"I'm going to find her. If she comes back, call me," I informed them and left.

I searched every corner of the terrace—no trace of her. I went down to the ground floor, checked the clubhouse and the pool—no signs. I asked security if they had seen her. They said she went out in a car. I headed up to grab my car keys and see if Sai had called them.

It's already been an hour since she left, and it's stormy out there. I'm growing restless. I asked Adi to call her, but the phone rang inside the house. She left her phone here. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Where can she be?

We picked up the call when her phone rang from an unknown number. The person from the other end said, "It's Mumbai Police. Is car number 0899 yours?" She has my birthday as her car number? How did I not know this? "Sir, my friend left her phone in the house, and it's her car number. Can I please know why you are asking this?" Adi said to the police officer.

When I thought nothing could get worse, my world came crashing down. I couldn't breathe, as if someone had sucked all the oxygen from my lungs. It can't be true. I can't lose her. I cannot lose my Saira. I have already lost her once. I can't afford it again.

------------------

Do let us know your thoughts about  the next part  <3

Please Vote & Comment 🫰🏻