Let it be then

Saira's PoV

I woke up with the knock on my door and Adi came in, she looked at me with the expression that was telling me that she is sorry before she could say anything my phone started ringing it was from my mom, I could see 15+ missed calls from my family, 100+ messages and notification. I picked up the call and she started yelling of course
"Itne phone kiye utha kyu nahi rahi thi?"
"Maa, chila kyu rahi ho yaar so rahi thi mai" I replied
"News dekhi?" she asked and I said no, and I looked at Adi and mouthed "what news?" she showed me the article on her phone that read

"Chris Grey of Grey Industry arrested for blackmailing and photoshopping"
the title said. Further in the article there were names of the model and actresses that were blackmailed or photoshopped, I searched looking for my name but it wasn't there and a test escaped my eyes, my name should have been there, if I will come out now they will say why didn't you come out before, you could have saved so many girls but I was not strong enough to do so nor I am right now.

"Maa, I am okay, don't worry about me, will call you later" I said and cut the call, I was in no mood to talk to anybody right now.

I went to the kitchen and poured myself hot cup of coffee to clear my head, Adi and Dev were sensible or know me enough to not ask anything me right now but the other person who lives in this house is the one who is going to be death of me.

He came out of his room, yawning. I was hoping that after this news he will be back with me or will atleast know that whatever happened back then was not my fault and I was trapped but instead he decided to lay hand on my 'dukhti rag'.

He sat on the couch and pulled out a magazine from the pile, I looked at it, it just got delivered yesterday I hadn't seen it yet. When he looked at the cover page he said "Somethings never change" and scoffed.

In that moment I knew I had enough, I have given this relationship enough chances but it's just not worth it.

I looked at him, trying to control my tears and rage but decided to storm out of the house rather than picking up a fight with him because I am honestly tired of it.

I could hear Dev saying to Shub "Pagal hai kya?" and Adi screaming my name, trying to catch me, I paused for a brief second and said to Adi "I need time" she nodded and I went off.

I am so fed up of my fate now, I don't even feel like doing anything. I don't like my profession nor this fame I have worked my whole life for.

What's the point of it, if I can't even have the love of my life understand me. Abhi had informed me yesterday or rather sent me the photos of him proposing Meera yesterday, they patched up quickly I thought it will take time and I will have enough time to convince Shub but now neither I have time nor any will to convince him.

I felt completely alone in that moment.

I don't care what world what thinks of me but one person, I wish he would understand me.

I needed to go to some peaceful place to clear out my mind and I had no idea where so I just kept driving at a random direction, it was almost after hour that I realised I don't have my phone with me. I cursed under my breath but decided not to go back. I don't care anymore I just want to be alone.

I turned on the radio and let out a scream, letting the tears flow.

I knew I had hurt him but he too had hurt me, I am ready to forget and move on but he doesn't probably because he has someone better than me, someone who doesn't kiss a random person in party, who doesn't get photoshopped, someone who is not whore like me.

Littlest hope I had got vanished today, I had thought if he got to know about the scam, he would forgive me but he still thinks I am at fault. Let it be then.

Memories of the moments we were together kept flashing and then when we broke up,

"Listen to me for once Maan, please" I cried

"I had enough of your lies Saira, every time, every fucking time you have excuses for everything"  he yelled

"it's not an excuse Maan, please trust me I had no idea" I said trying to cup his face but he pinned me to wall and said "If you didn't want me in your life, you could have just told me and I would have been gone" tears streamed down his face "You could have just told me I wasn't good enough for you and you were not happy with me, why did you cheat on me?"

"I love you Shub, I would never cheat on you..." before I could say anything cut me off and continued "but you did because for you I don't matter, your fame is everything to you, you would anything to get it"

"That's not true and you know me better than that" I scoffed

"Actually I don't know you at all" he exclaimed

"Shub I..."

The blaring of horns jolted me back to reality, but it was too late. The truck was speeding straight towards me. I swerved the wheel, but ended up crashing into a tree. The last I remember is blood coming from my forehead and going into complete darkness.

---------------

Do let us know your thoughts about  the next part  <3

Please Vote & Comment 🫰🏻