What has she become?!

Adi's POV:-

I heard a knock on my door, I knew who it was. I opened the door and Shub entered with the speed of flash.

"Shub? Are you okay?" I went to him.

"No... I'm not!" He said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"First, you did not tell me you guys will be here. Second, I bumped into her. Third, I feel betrayed by Dev. Last but not the least, Sai's getting married, Adi." He said.

The last line of his, was not a gossip, it was a fact, the fact that shook him. I could see that he was hurt, so much, that he couldn't say it. And It made me sad, he's not just a friend to me, he's more like a brother to me.

"You did not tell me that! Dev did not tell me that!" He said, more to himself.

"I..I got this horrible news this morning itself." I said, and I knew I was not lying.

"What has she become Adi? She has started hiding things from you as well now?" He said, almost on the verge to cry.

"You love her, Don't you?" I asked him, despite knowing the answer.

"No, I don't, I've moved on!" He said, he was clearly lying.

"Atleast don't lie to yourself now!" I said.

"I've a girlfriend, Adi. Sai is just my past. We've no future. It's all over!" He said.

He lied, again, about him moving on from the relationship he had with Sai. He never moved on. He still loves her, with all his heart. I can see that in his eyes.

"Anyway, whatever it is, She's getting married." He said, more to himself.

"She'll not. I will not let her ruin three lives altogether." I said.

I looked at Shub, he sat there all quiet, staring at the wall, with tears in his eyes. It wrenches my heart to see both my best friends like this.

"Shub, divert your mind!" I said.

"Tell me something new then?" He asked.

"I bumped into Dev!", I said.

"YOU? WHAT? BUMPED INTO WHOM? DEV? OUR DEV? YOUR DEV? WHAT? FINALLY!! OH MY GOD!!" He literally screamed and stood up on the couch.

"Listen to the further part of the story as well, and sit please!"

"He said he was sorry, and that he wants to give it a try again." I added.

"Please convince them yrrr!! Anyhow! Give it all your blood and sweat! It's important." He said.

"But it breaks me, Shub. Why do I've to fight so much for my man? Why do he has to fight so much? Why? Just why?" I said and a drop of tear rolled down my cheek.

"Sometimes God test you, to check your strength. You'll have to fight through the tough times! And you're strong enough!" He assured me.

And then his phone rung.

"Kya... Accha okay... I'm coming... Yeah 5 mins.... Bye", he spoke on the call.

"It was Dev, he said he needs to talk about something important to me. I know it's about your clash with him." He said and I giggled.

"You go." I said.

"You okay naa?" He asked and I nodded.

"Okay, see you in a while!", He said and left.

I locked the door and jumped on my bed. And then my overthinking session started, again.

I couldn't stop thinking about Dev. I was thinking about him continuously. He's not engaged. He's still single. Can we actually try again? Will we able to succeed?

First of all, is he even trying. I don't know why the cultures has to be considered in a wedding? Isn't love fulfilling everything already?

Wait, Abhay! I've to talk to him.

I jumped out of bed, wore my slippers and dashed out of the room. I even forgot in lock it in hurry, so I returned back to lock it.

I called him up to ask where he was, he was in the hotel park.

I was passing by the reception area when I saw Dev's dad. He looked stressed about something. He was trying to solve something with the receptionist.

I went near them, knowing that he might not like my presence their. But for the sake of humanity, I should help people.

I acted like I wanted something as well.

"Umm, excuse me?" I said, and both, the receptionist and Dev's dad looked at me.

Dev's dad was surprised when he saw me. I smiled at him and turned to the receptionist, "Can I speak to the hotel manager?".

"Umm, sorry ma'am, he's unavailable right now." The receptionist said.

"How come he's unavailable? It's urgent miss!" Dev's dad said to the receptionist.

"Sir, enough, I've been hearing you, I'll look into the matter. People don't get over my nerves! The manager is busy with the arrangements for the Indian Cricket Team. They're important!" She said, irritated.

"Excuse me, hear me out, I'm sorry to jump in but this is not the way to talk. Everyone staying in this hotel has paid for the facilities! They need to get that. Not only the Indian team is your priority but also other people." I said and she froze.

"Are you going to help us out or should I write shitty reviews online?" I added.

She immediately made a call and told us that the manager will be here.

The manager came within a minute, and heard our problems.

"Thank you Advika", Dev's dad told me.

"No, no. It's fine uncle. What is the thank you for?" I said and smiled.

-------------------------

Heyyyyy y'all!!!
I hope y'all liked this chapter, if you did, do vote and comment.
Stay safe ✨
E&M