Long Distance

And then they knew,
You could be homesick
for people too.

Writer's PoV

It was travel day so everyone was up early and got ready. Sai and Adi weren't going because their shoot was only in Mumbai.

Abhay got a call from his mother, she asked him about his and Sai plans for engagement and when they are free but there was something that didn't feel right to Abhay about their relationship and he had some confessions to make.

He decided to talk to it about Sai. He knocked on her door and she opened it in an instant and smiled at him.

"Hiiiii" she said cheerfully
"Hey" he sounded bit lost
"What happened? Is everything alright?" she asked worriedly
"Everything is alright, can we talk?" he said
"Sure" she said and they went to balcony
"Actually Mom just called me and was asking about our plan for engagement" he said to which she nodded
"Abh..." she started but was cut off by him
"I have confession to make Sai" he said

"I have a girlfriend I mean I had a girlfriend, her name is Meera.
We were friends since childhood, we did almost everything together, be it going to same school and same tution or be it going to same academy. Even our families were really close. I proposed her after our 10th got completed, we stayed together for 2 years then she went to London for her studies. I always knew she would go abroad for her studies, it was never problem for us, until we realised how hard it was. Having done everything together, been there for each other in every situation and now suddenly not having each other arms to cry on or hug. Going to each other's bedroom from windows not like we weren't allowed to go from main door but it was our thing. Not being the first one to wish each other on our birthdays and achievements pained us. It would have been 9 years of our relationship if we were still together but it didn't work out for us. Long distance was really draining us out. We stayed in long distance for 3 years until she returned to India, just to move London permanently. When she returned distance between had grown too much and we knew what was life holding for us, we had to choose either love or career. Career was always our first priority. It's been 4 years since I talked to her. I did see her whenever I went to London but never tried to meet her. I still love her. I am sorry Sai, I thought I was ready and this will make me forget her but I am sorry Sai, I know I did dirty to you but I really did not have courage to tell you and I know you won't forgive me for this but I really just cannot forget her, say something Sai please" she just nodded and stayed quite for few minutes and soaked in whatever Abhay said.

She thought she can start afresh with Abhay or atleast try but maybe she cannot. His confession made her realise that not only Abhay but even she is not ready.

She looked at Abhay, his face was full of guilt even though he wasn't the only culprit here. She decided to break silence and make confession.

"You are not the only one, who said yes to this alliance despite being in love with another person the whole time" she confessed and Abhay looked 'normal'?

"I might know who he is but the reason I have no clue" he said, well it was obvious isn't it

"So we met in a restaurant in Pune, where Dev and Shub had came for their matches and me and Adi were doing our b.com. Due to insufficient tables in the restaurant we had to share our tables and we connected instantly, they invited us to their match and then we took them on Pune Darshan. After that we all were like inseparable we would call each other, tease each other. We even went to Lucknow to surprise them. In between this friendship of four people, there was this love blooming.
We all decided to go on vacation together to Spain and Greece. There we confessed our love and even after coming back we lived together for a month because we knew we wouldn't get time after this. I went to the US and he got his debut call. We would talk daily on the phone and they even came for Christmas there. We would come to India and make plans for trips. But soon the distance between us grew more due to everything be it media or time. We wouldn't even call each other daily and started growing suspicious of each other. But we never talked about it until England tour happened. I had shoots in London and it was for a really big company and it would make my breakthrough into the modeling industry 100 times easier. After the shoot got over there was a party and I never drank at work but that day I did as I was really happy but as alcohol went inside my head and suddenly I felt lonely and started imaging Shub. That's when the owner of the company asked me for a dance and I thought it was Shub and mistakenly I kissed him but it was too late when I realised. Shub had already seen it, he came there to surprise me but he got the shock of his life. I tried explaining to him but he just went away from there. Then Dev convinced him to meet me once and there we patched up, we were together for the whole tour and then we all went to Paris.
On the second last day of our trip, we all were chilling in our hotel swimming pool when the cover and pics of the magazine I shot came. I clicked on mail, Shub was just beside me when I opened the file.
They misled my pictures even the agency I worked for was involved in it and they just released it without asking me. Before I could say anything, he just marched out of the pool area, so I went behind him..."

Hello guys
Sorry for updating late :(
Was on a writer's block

Please vote and comment❤️