Three of Them

Adi's PoV

I felt his hands embracing me in a gentle hug from behind. "Hi" he whispered. I turned around to face him and gave a little peck.

He gently tugged my hair behind ears and asked, "Is everything okay, Adu?"

"Let's take a walk" I wrapped my arm around his. We sat at the lakeside.

"Isn't this beautiful?" I said "Not more than you" he replied and I felt crimson red painting my cheeks. It has been 5 years but nothing has changed his cheesy lines nor me blushing on it but today it felt different knowing me loves me the same way he did 5 years ago feels like blessing but I couldn't help but feel little scare, this new phase of our life, my life, it's going to change a lot, my body will change I won't look the same, my hormones will change like anything and first of all I wasn't even sure if Dev wants any of this, if he is ready for this, given our circumstances this situation is going to make it worse. My trail of thoughts were broken by his gentle hand cupping my face "What is it Adi? Tell me please" he looked so worried but I had no idea how to tell him.

"You know, you are favourite Chachu in ICT, all the kids loves you so much" his expressing changed from worried to confused, "Adi this..." before he can continue I cut him off "One day when we will have kid of our own, you will love them the same way na?" his expression were now even more confused "Of course Adi, you know I always wanted to have kids especially a daughter and we also have figured out names of our kids" he assured me and continued "but why are you suddenly asking me this?"

I took his hand placed it on my belly and a tear of happiness rolled down my cheek as I whispered "I am pregnant Dev, we are going to be parents" and his eyes welled up "I...I am...I am going to be Dad?" "Haan Dev" and he hugged me so tightly that he never wants to let me go, we stayed like that in I don't know how many minutes when realisation struck him "Adi, this are you sure about it? I mean it's going to change you a lot and what about your career, you are literally thriving at it and this is going to be massive blow. Are you ready for this? I don't want you to do anything you are uncomfortable in." I let out grin "What?" he asked

"You are so cute" I squeezed his cheeks before getting serious "To be honest Dev I really don't know if I am ready or not, but I do know that this is going to change our life forever for the best. And about my career, she won't stop me from doing what I love instead she is going to be my support"

"She?" I swear I saw the brightest smile on this boy's face, even sun would be dull in front of his smile and him of course. "I think it will be 'she'" I said.

Dev's PoV

My heart skipped a beat or altogether stopped working when she announced, we are going to be parents I AM GOING TO BE A DAD, I couldn't believe. I always dreamt of having kids especially daughter, it's going to sound crazy but I had names picked out. As happy and excited I was worried about Adi, this going to affect her career so much and right now she was at her peak I know this our biggest happiness but she dreamt of being the best and this could be the bump in the road, and how much pain she will have to endure, I wish I could take away that pain but I have decided from now I am not letting her stay away from me, I am going to be there with her every second. We had to do something about our parents I didn't want to spoil this moment but it is important to talk right now and just like that said what I was thinking, definitely we are soulmates "Dev, what are going to tell our parents they are going to kick us out out of our houses"

"They will not, we will convince them and if not we have our home" I kissed her forehead and then her stomach. We had bought our house a year ago when we almost thought of eloping and we still think that's what is going to happen but we will have to give them a last chance. We are going to convince them no matter what happened.

———————————

Happy New Year!!!!

I know 2023 was tough on us in many ways but it taught us so many things we couldn't have learnt in any other way. So make sure you apply those learning in 2024 and make it your year and not let 2023 go a total waste.
God is with you, guiding you, supporting you🫂

This is the 100th part of this FF and could not have been sweeter than this, we are so lucky to have your support and love💕

Also, this year we will complete this FF🥺❤️

And do vote and comment it increase our reach and motivate us to write more frequently. Thank you