She 'was' mine

Dev's POV

As soon I entered the party area, I saw Adi's parents. And I was surprised. Adi did not tell me about this and neither did Shub or Sai. They were busy talking to Shub, so they did not see me.

I quickly went to Sai and pulled her aside.

"Why didn't you tell me that Adi's parents will be here?" I asked her.

"What's there to tell? They're your future in-laws. You take their ashirwad." She said and giggled.

"None of you told me, even Adi did not tell me..."

"Adi? You guys patched up?" She asked, cutting me off.

"Yes, we did", and hearing to this, she screamed. And we caught everyone's attention.

"Calm down your nerves kid!" I said.

"You guys! She did not tell me! Bitch! I'll kill her!", She said jumping.

"Now, it's your turn!", I said.

"Not again Dev", she rolled her eyes.

"It's important!!", I said trying to convince her.

And that's when Shub approached us. They both gave each other a dead smile.

"Shubman Gill and Saira Singh, you guys need to figure something about your fucked up relationship." I said.

They both gave me a look.

"I'll leave before you kill me, but mind my words!", I said and left them alone.

Shub's POV

For now, I just wish that I don't kill Dev. He left us alone, and in public we can't even act like strangers. I looked at her and she looked beautiful, as always.

At some point of time, I knew I had some eternal connection with her. But maybe, we're not meant to be.

"Shub, are you listening?", She said and shook me.

Her touch feels so right.

"Yeah?", I said coming out of my thoughts.

"What thing are you planning so nicely in your mind?", She asked.

"Nothing. What happened?", I asked.

"Nothing. You join others, I'm leaving." She said and turned to leave.

"Please, don't." I whispered, more to myself. And she heard, she turned to look at me.

She was hurt, I could see that in her eyes.

"You... You said something?", She muttered.

"No, I didn't. You can go", I said and she left.

She went and started talking to Abhay about something. And she was laughing while talking to him.

She looked beautiful, but that smile wasn't because of me. She was mine. And this "was" hurts more than anything.

Sai's POV

I've no clue, when will I actually move on from that relationship with Shub. I feels like, it's impossible to.

I wonder if he misses me. But he has a girlfriend, why would he miss me?

Now, that I'm getting married to Abhay. The breakup hits harder than ever. I'll get married to someone who's not Shub.

Will I ever be happy in that marriage? Will I ever be able to unlove Shub? These questions are unanswerable for me.

I miss him, so much, that it hurts.

I went to Abhay and asked if the cake was ready.

"Yaa, the doreamon themed one for my kids.", He said and that made me laugh so hard.

"Is it seriously doreamon themed?" I said between my laughs.

"It's not but should I actually order?" He said.

"They'll kill you!" I said and laughed.

"Where's Adi?", He asked.

"Oh shit, wait I'll call her!" I said and moved away to call her.

Adi's POV

I got Sai's call and I picked up immediately.

"Bro, I'm shit scared." I said, without even hearing her.

"Why idiot?" She asked.

"Dev's parents are there. My parents are there. What if things get worse?", I asked.

"Where are yoh right now?", She asked.

"On the other side of the terrace", I said and she disconnected the call.

After a couple of minutes, I saw Sai coming towards me.

I got up and ran to her, and hugged her tightly. I needed this hug right now, she's someone who can bring my confidence back at my worst times.

"Adi, you'll be fine! Nothing will go wrong, no power in this world can separate two people who love each other!", She said.

"I'm just scared!", I said, almost on the verge of crying.

"You'll be fine baba! Trust me! And don't you dare to cry! I'll kill you!", she said and cupped my face.

"I'm sorry, I shouted at you.", I said.

"Arre baba, it's fine! Ab let's go and partyyyyyy!" She tried her best to hype me up and I got hyped up as well.

We both did a little dance of ours and went the party area.

Dev and I were avoiding each other, so that our parents don't get offended or something.

Dev and Shub cut the cake and then everyone was busy in talking or dancing.

That's when someone held me by my wrist and pulled me. I looked up to see Dev taking me somewhere.

He took me to the other side of the terrace.

"Are you crazy, there will be a big drama if our parents see us here!"

"I'm tired yrr Adi. Let it be. Let's just talk. And who's gonna be here, in the dark?", He said.

"I just hope that everything goes well today, Like they're in front of each other's eyes." I said.

"You know Adi. This shit hurts alot. Remember, when we started dating, how we used to plan our whole family being together and celebrating us?", He said and leaning on the railing.

"The day we get married, will be the best day of my life.", I said.

"Likewise." He said and hugged me.

Writer's POV

All this while, when Dev and Adi were talking, there were two people hearing their conversation.

Dev's and Adi's father, somehow, went to wash their hands in the wash basin and heard the conversation.

Both the father's looked at each other.

"Our kids.", Dev's father said.

"I sometimes feel like we're so wrong." Adi's dad said.

"We're actually wrong, very very wrong." Dev's father said and then there was a dead silence.

"They love each other so much, who are we to stop them?", Adi's dad said.

After some discussion between the dads, they came to the conclusion that they should agree for their kids' relationship.

But, the main obstacle now remains, The mothers. They're strict and very clear.

However, 50% battle is won, but the rest 50% remains the toughest part. 

_________________

Heyyy guysss!! I hope y'all liked the chapter, if you did, please give it a vote.
That's it then!
Byee!! Take care!!🫂