21| Conquering Her

Enrique

"True, that I didn't love you before. It was rather hard not to, but I did. We had the most cliche set up, our fathers were friends, we have an age gap, and I treated you well. There was everything perfectly fated for me to fall in love with you but I fell for another woman." When I confessed it, I couldn't stop myself from pulling a trigger against my temple.

Her beautiful grey eyes were a ruined storm in this second and I was the reason for that destruction but realizing my mistake was least compared to the realization that I have a thing for this woman who is my wife.

It wasn't until the day; I kept telling Dante that his decision is wrong. I kept shouting that I do not love this woman but in the end; it was her I really craved, and this realization hit me right in this spot where I finally heard those cries and sobs that she hid from me like a perfectionist.

That ultimatum of her was a bomb to me because this moment had me finally thinking. Can I imagine a life without this girl I call my wife?

That nag, those dramas, that care, and all the colors she fills inside my life. She keeps me on my toes to the point I question myself but yet again; I want to destroy her father now because he betrayed her.

Why would I want to go to such lengths if I had felt nothing towards her? I am about to challenge the man who has the potential to destroy me with a flick of his finger just because I want him to realize his unfair play done against his daughter.

I love her, and it fucking came to me when I am about to lose her because I am the one who pushed her so much that she doesn't feel like giving anymore towards me or this marriage of ours, but she isn't to blame. One can only carry this much alone and marriage is a thing for the two not for one.

I do not imagine a life where she isn't. Until yesterday it was like a habit to make her scream at me. Frustrate and annoy her as much as I can but not anymore.

When Valentina walked away, she stood by my side. When the world moved on without looking if I was hurting or not, she remained behind, beside me to hear my problems.

Why in the world till now I didn't realize it was her I wanted and no one?

"I hated how my mother after Esmeralda loved you so much. She admired Valentina because she knew I loved her but none thought Dante would have feelings for her as well. We three were a mess up more than a love triangle, and you-"

"A bystander who got nothing to do with your stories. You three were the protagonists until I came and changed the whole plot, isn't it?" Her soft voice asked, more like accusing herself.

"And I am glad you did." Giving her a short smile I brought her hand to my lips and kissed the inside of her palm. She visibly gasped, and I smiled more knowing my effect was strong on her.

I just have to reach out to the part of her that doesn't trust me and is running away from me.

"And..." I felt my cheeks heating a little, but it was rather a truth I couldn't even confess to myself 3 years back.

"That day, 3 years back, when I slept at your house..." with my words she became rigid and I could see how my selfish words annihilated her.

"I am sorry, Rosa. I lied to you. Positively speaking, I actually was happy that the one I slept with was you and not Valentina or someone else. My selfishness caused you misery and I couldn't compensate for that but I don't want to hurt you anymore. So in these 14 days, let me prove to you, how much you mean to me." I gulped looking at her expressionless face. Will she reject me?