23| Princess Want Lollipop

Estrella

"Are you alright, princess?" Luca snapped his fingers, bringing me back to earth. I looked around, feeling the hotness reddening my cheeks still.

"Um, are you okay Rosa? I mean, you look like you're having a fever." Luca went to check my fever, placing his hand against my forehead and a sudden clearing of the throat slapped me right into the place. My eyes shifted to look at Enrique sitting across me while the kids, Andrea, Nolan, and Flora sat in between us three so we can take care of them without moving around too much.

Reality then transpired that we are now in an ice cream parlor and Luca just tagged along, formerly wanting to meet his nephew but more so, he does enjoy ice cream anyway.

Though my mind kept traveling back to the little shift in demanding aura of Enrique, I cannot wrap my head around that he tried to conceal something from me at that moment. Something that may scare me later, just like the haunted houses, in the beginning, it looks fun and childish but until you reach the end, none can promise either your corpse or soul intact.

I could feel the heated glare of the man that so looked out of the place in his grey suit and blue shirt. Unlike me or Luca who was in casuals or just anybody around, he was rather in a three-piece suit looking edible but still not fit for the local ice cream parlor.

Enrique by all means could've managed a decent casual attire but he had to opt for an intimidating look that made me embarrassed because this man doesn't suit with a strawberry pink ice cream cone.

"So, have you done the last topic for bank management?"

"Nope stuck with principles of sustainable finances," I told him and he agreed, grumbling a little, not all the principles are a problem but that principle has been throttling us like some poached animal.

"I think, I will just let this chapter be as it is and pass the others I know of," Luca sulked because this nerd bad boy hates to fall behind others but I couldn't say right now that others as well wouldn't be falling behind. The way our professor taught us; it seems like none understood.

"I don't want Daniela to see this, she is an excellent student. I don't want to lack behind and fall off the opportunity to get my next year's scholarship. It means everything to me, Estrella. As far as this is concerned, I know that a scholarship would eventually help Daniela to raise Nolan better without worrying about finances." Luca whispered looking at me, but with the strain, Enrique was hearing us talk, it wasn't a question he didn't hear.

"Sustainable finances are like a concentric circle of three rings. Starting from the outer ring, you discover the pattern. First comes, the environment, then second comes society, and finally the third, the economy... these three levels have their own challenges. And are the three-core principle to understand the basics of the structure and its possibility and threat." Enrique said, busy eating his ice cream while his words made me smile after pertaining past the shock of what he started saying.

"Finance is widely seen as an obstacle to a better world. Principle of sustainable finance explains the geometry of tackling the problem by the pyramid principles..." he kept on going, and at one point Luca started noting down his points and words on the tissue paper which became a hefty amount by the time he was done.

"Fuck, that's what they called you right, the genius saint." Hearing Luca's words, Enrique laughed hard, which had the kids stop and stare at him weirdly but instead they too started laughing seeing their uncle do so.

Luca was grinning ear to ear after what Enrique did. In less than two hours, Luca was dancing because he knew, he would ace the exam after thoroughly getting the hold of the concept.