chapter five | heads will roll

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓
CHAPTER FIVE
heads will roll
┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓CHAPTER FIVEheads will roll┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━

"OKAY, WHO HERE hasn't been to space?" The raccoon's words made Diana nervous as she timidly raised her hand.

"Why?" Rhodey asked. He seemed to be more genuinely confused than nervous about Rocket's question.

"You better not throw up on my ship."

"Approaching jump in three... two... one!" Nebula pushed a button, pulled a lever and Diana's view of the universe was forever changed.

Diana held up her camera with one hand, doing her best to hold it steady and also trying not to puke like Rocket requested. She was enamored with the stars as they flew by, different hues of purple, green, and red, as if the galaxy was bruised in the most beautiful way. Diana felt someone grab her hand and she looked over.

Steve's gaze widened as the stars shined in his eyes, those very hues reflecting off of them, she wondered what his 1940's brain was thinking. Diana wondered what Sam or Bucky would think of this, or how Wanda and Vision would react to it. She hoped that when they brought everyone back, Rocket would let her borrow the ship and show her friends. Or maybe the video she took and the pictures she's continuing to take will give them an idea of the adventure she went on to get them back.

The light show soon stopped as they approached the planet that the giant purple Coward is hiding on. Carol, in her powerful, beautiful glow flew around the front of the ship and turned around, facing the passengers of what Rocket called the Benatar.

"I'll head down for recon." Carol informed them before she turned and flew down to the planet they were at.

Diana unbuckled herself, she hopped out of her seat and found herself at the front of the ship, her face nearly pressed to the glass. The planet, though holding a hideous creature, was beautiful. She looked around at the stars, the solar system was similar to theirs, only this planet had more moons. Diana assumed that due to how close the moons were to the planet, they were probably visible from the planet's surface.

"This is gonna work, Steve." Natasha's voice brought Diana's back to her body, she looked over her shoulder at her two friends.

Steve was staring off at the planet with a grim look on his face. He looked down at his compass, it was the same one that held Peggy's picture.

"I know it will," he replied, shutting the compass and looking at Nat, "Cause I don't know what I'm going to do if it doesn't."