chapter three | nightmare

warning: lots of blood and gore, lots of death, maybe bring some tissues to this chapter...
┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓
CHAPTER THREE
nightmare
┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓CHAPTER THREEnightmare ┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━

THE GIANT ROLLING mechanisms were heading directly toward Diana but all she could think to do was make sure the people around her were safe. That meant Natasha, the one closest to her. Diana didn't even think to hurry her friend as they desperately tried to get away. It was only gaining more speed as it seemed hellbent on reaching Diana. Even the aliens seemed to pile on her a bit more than the others.

Diana had no time to think about anything that wasn't in front of her, or in this case, behind her. Just when she thought she would be simultaneously crushed and ripped to shreds, a familiar red glow entered her vision. Wanda had dropped onto the field, immediately taking action and lifting the death machines into the air, doing her best to turn them and change their trajectory.

They came crashing down around Natasha, Diana, and Okoye— who Diana noticed was only a few feet away. She looked up to see Wanda glancing over her shoulder, a hint of a smile on her face as they locked eyes.

"Why was she up there all this time?" Okoye asked, her spear spinning upright so it stood tall on the ground next to the general.

Diana opened her mouth to say something as she approached her friend but it was like she was in the airport again. All of a sudden, her vision swirled and she crashed onto her back in the rut. Pain erupted through her spine when she landed on a rock, causing her spear to land a few yards away. Diana grimaced and squinted to see above her. The female-like alien pinned her down, her sword glinting in the sunlight against her cheek.

"Where's the mind stone?" The alien demanded.  Her hair fell on either side of her face around her horns, a strand of black brushing against Diana's cheek.

"You really have horns coming out of your head?" Diana asked.

She regretted asking the question— it only seemed to piss the alien off. Diana grabbed a rock from the pocket on her belt and turned it into a knife. She had learned a few moves from Bucky on how to get someone off of her in this position, but it was like this alien knew her moves before she could even complete them.

The humanoid disarmed her in what was probably less than a second. She examined the knife before digging the tip into Diana's eyebrow. The scream that erupted from the woman's throat ripped her vocals raw. She thrashed, kicking up dry air and dust that clogged her lungs, drying her throat.

The alien dragged the knife from Diana's eyebrow down over the bridge of her nose. All she felt was searing pain. She was drowning in it, white-hot flashes of agony causing tears to spring to her eyes. Blood spurted from the deep wound and ran across her face in crimson rivers. The alien kept wrenching the knife closer to her jaw until red, wispy energy surrounded her and yanked her away from Diana.