chapter twenty one | biting the bullet

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
biting the bullet
┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓CHAPTER TWENTY ONEbiting the bullet┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━

RED AND BLUE flashing lights were well on their way to searing a permanent pattern in Diana's vision as her throbbing head seemed to cry out every time another squad car pulled up, screaming its siren, announcing its presence and addition to the rest of the cars. She really wished the Flagsmashers didn't choose tonight of all nights for their stupid plan. But Diana's here now to stop them from doing any more acts of violent protest.

Bucky is right by her side, his head turning every few minutes as he seems to be scanning the surrounding area around them. EMTs and firemen are there, adding to the noise and the light. The building is surrounded by armed guards, traffic backed up everywhere else.

"I'm almost there," Sam spoke up over the comm Diana gave him a long time ago.

"What's the plan?" Bucky asked as they got closer, no one even stared as the two avengers bypassed the ambulances. Diana found herself in a familiar situation as she kept a fast pace to keep in stride with Bucky, though he seemed to catch onto her struggle and slowed his gait for her.

"Karli's gotta be close," Sam pointed out, "keep your eyes open."

"Well, it could be anybody," Bucky replied. They approached the armed barrier of policemen in riot gear.

"Sergeant Barnes, Agent Renfrey," The man greeted them as they broke the barrier for the two, allowing them in to assess the situation.

"By the way, I called in some backup," Sam added on.

Diana furrowed her brows looking around the area in front of the building, unable to find who he might have meant.

"Excuse me, sir, ma'am, are you supposed to be here?" The question had Diana spinning to see who the hell asked that, only to find a man in worn clothes with an equally ratty beanie covering his head.

The man tapped the side of his face, revealing that it was Sharon wearing the nano mask. Diana looked around, making sure no one was witnessing the fact that she was standing there, she wasn't sure that they wouldn't just arrest her on the spot since she was there.

"Sharon?" Bucky asked, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Relax, no ones looking for me here."

"Do I hear Sharon?" Sam asked.

"Unfortunately," Bucky answered, causing Diana to send a warning elbow to his side, they could use all the help they could get and Sharon was skilled.

"Hey Sam, I thought I'd get the band back together," Sharon had an ironic smile on her face considering the circumstances of her being back in America.