chapter six | five years later

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓
CHAPTER SIX
five years later
┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┓CHAPTER SIXfive years later┗━━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━━┛

━━✦❘༻✶༺❘✦━━

BURSTING PAIN BLOOMED out of Diana's back as it hit the mat but she didn't stay down for long. She scrambled to her feet only to feel a punch to her gut that sent her keeling. This guy was fast. But sloppy. His stance was too wide, perfect for Diana to twist her right leg around his left. She used all her strength to shove him back.

He was on the ground for less than a minute, he had come back even sooner than he went down and charged at her with a flurry of punches and kicks. Diana could barely keep him off of her as she dodged and blocked, there were a couple of times where she could land a few punches, where he didn't guard his body as well as he thought he did. The punches barely made any difference; her sweaty body found itself hopping to different spots on the mat. She hoped to find an opening, anything to take him down and keep him there. His hits started to slow down and get even sloppier than before.

Diana managed to put more space between the two, he didn't seem to realize her ulterior motives for the move. Maybe he thought she would forfeit. No way would happen. A smug smirk lit up his bruised and bloodied face, she couldn't wait to wipe it off him with the floor. She charged at Dennis and at the last second, leaped into the air, using a move that Natasha taught her a while back, she got her thighs around his neck, using her momentum to throw him down.

He toppled to the floor with a loud slap of skin and sweat and blood-soaked foam. Her breathing was heavy and her mouth tasted of the familiar metallic blood, Diana's rib felt like the muscle was twisted tightly around it and it hurt every time her lung nudged it when she breathed. She wondered if she was really this out of shape or if she had been fighting Dennis for too long now.

While Dennis was still in his disoriented state, Diana maneuvered to twist her legs around his neck, pinning his arms down by his head. She gave him some leeway at the elbow, just enough to give him the option to tap out or pass out. They laid like that for a few more grueling seconds before his hand slapped the mat three times.

She released him, scooting away to give herself room to get up. Diana stepped around, holding out a hand to help him up. Dennis accepted, pulling himself up with her support. The both of them were out of breath, but luckily this was the last match of the night.

"So I win again tonight, leave the money in the hat before you leave, or else," Diana smiled weakly as she grabbed her Gatorade from the edge of the mat, "I'll see you guys this Friday, all of you stay safe."

The room cleared out as wads of money fell into the hat she made from a stone she found outside. They were in a warehouse, Diana wasn't sure what it was supposed to store or make before the snap but it was now home to her fight club, and due to how dirty the mat is, anyone could tell they've been doing it for a while.