playdate + playboifaygo

the one where jordan and andre bond over being single fathers

 the one where jordan and andre bond over being single fathers...or do they?

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

— march 4 2022, 2:09 pm
local playground —

TO SAY THAT JORDAN WAS A DEADBEAT DAD would be an understatement. after all, he couldn't even do something as simple as spell his son's name half of the time, although that might be due to jordan lacking in literacy than anything else.

jordan wasn't really ready to be a father. why would he be? he had his entire life ahead of him. a life that came to a screeching halt once amethyst showed him her positive pregnancy test.

however, amethyst threatened to make him pay child support if he didn't take onyx on weekends, and that lead him here. on a saturday afternoon, sitting on a park bench, reading a book to his son who was clearly not paying attention.

"goodnight moon, goodnight house, goodnight cheese, goodnight mouse," jordan read the picture book aloud to onyx, who was zoning out and not even looking at the pages.

like father like son, i guess.

while jordan was unsuccessfully trying to read to onyx, he didn't even notice that he had been joined by two more people until he was spoken to directly.

"hey, where did you get this stroller?" jordan was snapped out from his efforts by a gruff male voice.

he turned around to see who the voice belonged to, and was face to face with a tall, slender brown-skinned man with salmon colored dreadlocks tied back by a white bandana.

the man was holding a small child who looked to be the same age as onyx. she had curly black hair down to her shoulders, and was super light-skinned.

"ion know, his mom got it for him," jordan shrugged. "you could prolly find something like it on amazon, though."

"aw, sorry for bothering you then," the man sighed. "you have nice hair by the way."

"so do you," jordan replied, smiling at the beautiful stranger. "and you didn't bother me at all. my name's jordan by the way. and this is my son, onyx."

the stranger smiled back at jordan. he had such a beautiful smile.

"i'm andre," the stranger finally gave a name to himself. "and this is my daughter, ela."

"daughter?" jordan raised an eyebrow. andre looked young, baby faced. he assumed ela was his sister or something.

"yeah, i had her young," andre crafted up a false backstory for himself. "had her when i was 17. i wasn't ready to be a dad at all, but i love her more than anything."