48 - REDEMPTION

I stand before a great map of the cosmos, watching as ships track lines across the stars

I stand before a great map of the cosmos, watching as ships track lines across the stars. Ren has tracked Rey from Pasaana to Kijimi. Now he was en route, along with two Destroyers from the Emperor's fleet.

The Finalizer whips through hyperspace, painting a dotted line through starsystems. Other locational beacons hummed and sang, completing outreach work for the First Order.

The floor shudders, and the map auto-zooms in to display that we have entered orbit above Kijimi. A siren goes off far away, and Stormtroopers call to each other.

I push away from the map and exit the room to general chaos. In the center of it all stands Allegiant General Pryde, and he nods me over cooly. I bow slightly and then approach.

"At least you have the respect that the General lacks." Pryde says, looking back to the Stormtroopers climbing onto transports. Below, the planet spins, dark with stone and sand and smog.

"I'm sure General Hux has been cordial." I say softly, and Pryde sniffs.

"At least all of this madness will be over soon. The Steadfast is waiting for my command."

I hum indiscriminately.

Hux joins us at my side, and when I glance over, he seems shaken.

"The Supreme Leader has informed me that there is a mole somewhere in the First Order." He says, and I go still. "Allegiant General, you've been put in charge of hunting them down."

"Joy upon joys." Pryde says stiffly. "Why don't we start with you? That scouting mission?"

"Since I'm the one that was on the field..." I interrupt. "I think I'm the one that should be answering questions."

"Fine." Pryde says, and angles toward me more. "Why did you go?"

"I wanted to see what the Rebellion was doing. If they had been present, I would have attacked them. But, they were already gone when I got there."

"What makes you think you could have done it?" Pryde says. "Awfully high opinion of yourself. You should have waited for a battle fleet."

"With all due respect, the Rebellion managed to escape the planet Crait with an entire armada surrounding them. Had I seen anyone, I would have acted." I bite back the urge to pull out my claws, knowing that if Pryde feels intimidated, he will only return with double the intensity.

"General Pryde!" Someone calls, and Hux growls under his breath at the mis-title. Pryde turns, distracted, and then after hearing what the man has to say, strides away.

The transports take off, now fully loaded, and just like that, the hangar is empty and silent. Hux exhales, and then moves towards the edge of the hanger, where the thin air-shield holds back the void of space.

Then he glances to the side, where a small craft approaches one of the far hangars.

"Who is that..?" He murmurs, and then Force swims around me. That ship is important.