ch. 42

I walk out of the doctor's office in complete and utter shock with two very happy women behind me. I feel like I am floating as I carry the papers out in my shaking hands and legs feeling like Jell-O.

Oh. My. God.

Pregnant. Me? Me. I am pregnant. No way.

I glance at the papers again and tears start falling down my face. I feel numb. Completely numb, but in the best way. I can't really describe the feeling because I have never felt this way before.

We walk through the parking lot to get to the car and Randy walks up beside me and holds my hand, leaning over to kiss me on the shoulder.

"O," she stops me once we get to the car. "How are you feeling?"

"I can't- I don't- I am-," I shake my head because I cannot get words out and just fall into her embrace, hugging her because that is all that I know to do right now.

"I am so unbelievably happy for you," she says, wiping the tears off of my face. "What was going to be a sad day turned into a beautiful one. It just wasn't your time yet, my baby. Now it is."

"I know," I chuckle at my best friend, wiping my tears away on my own now. "I don't know how to feel."

"Ecstatic!" Lily chimes in, shaking my shoulders playfully from behind me. "This is what you've always wanted, right? We need to celebrate! I say we all go out to dinner after you tell everyone."

"Do I want to tell everyone right away?" I ask them and they both shrug which receives a sigh from me. "What if something goes wrong and I get excited for nothing?"

"You cannot think that way, do you hear me?" Randy shakes her head at me as she finally unlocks the car. "We can talk about this in the car."

She gets in the driver's seat and I walk around to the passenger side, leaving Lily to get in the back.

"Randy is right," Lily speaks up after we all get in the car. I buckle my seatbelt and sigh again. "This is a time for you to be bursting with excitement, not shriveled up in worry."

"You're right, you're right," I say to them with a small smile on my face as Randy pulls out of the parking spot. "Okay. So, do we tell them as soon as we walk in?"

"This isn't a 'we' thing, O," Randy looks over at me as the speedometer climbs once we get on the road. "This is all you. Whatever you want to do, Lily and I are behind you for it all."

"I want to talk to Austin first," I nod as I look out of the windshield. "Then, we can come up with something together."

Liked by taylor_barnes and 2,468,538 others postmalone working on a little something in LA :)📷: @adamdegrossView all 12,658 comments taylor_barnes And it's gonna be sick! oliviapost 😍🎶username1 NEW ALBUM ?!?!?!!username2 sir this picture is unn...

postmalone working on a little something in LA :)
📷: @adamdegross
View all 12,658 comments
taylor_barnes And it's gonna be sick!
oliviapost 😍🎶
username1 NEW ALBUM ?!?!?!!
username2 sir this picture is unnecessary 😤
13 hours ago