Chapter 15 - The First Trial

It's been a few minutes since the last bell of the day rang.

Hirata is preparing at the podium. Horikita and Sudou had already left the classroom. Surprisingly, the rest of the class still stayed inside for the discussion. Even Koenji is still here, although he'll probably just listen smugly.

Ayanokouji is still sitting behind me for some reason. Maybe he's waiting for the discussion to start before leaving.

"Ayanokouji~"

I heard a strange voice coming from behind me. When I turned around to look, I saw Yamauchi under Ayanokouji's desk . . .

. . .

Yamauchi then brought out his gaming console and began begging Ayanokouji to buy it off him for 20,000 points.

Ayanokouji and I already anticipated something like this and discussed it with Kita during lunch. Despite Kita's displeasure, we agreed that we were not gonna waste points on our classmates. Right now, points are too valuable of a resource to let go of.

I doubt Ayanokouji will give in even without our agreement anyway.

Seeing that's the case, Yamauchi began to walk away from our desks to find a different target, who just happened to be Hasebe. The douchebag even raised the price to 22,000 points. Poor Hasebe.

I should probably remind Kita about our agreement, though. There's a reason why Ayanokouji and I brought this up earlier. She is a good person, but she has the least amount of points amongst the three of us. She can't afford to spend her points for the sake of others at this point.

[Kita-san, Remember our agreement.]

As I sent the text to Kita, I noticed Kushida had also approached Ayanokouji's desk. I decided not to listen to their conversation since I've been eavesdropping on Ayanokouji way too much.

[Yeah, Yeah. -_-]

Across the room, Kita is giving me an annoyed look. That girl really hates being selfish.

Moments later, I noticed Karuizawa also approaching Ayanokouji's desk, but this time she was there for Kushida. Karuizawa has been going around the room talking to the girls for a while now. She looks like a scammer.

"To be honest, I used up all my points. I've already gotten some help from the other girls in the class, but I also thought to ask Kushida-san. We're friends, right? I only need about 2000 points."

Apparently, she also talks like one too.

Kushida didn't mind, though. Nothing too surprising. Kushida has been the epitome of kindness in this class. Although, being kind also has its drawbacks.

"Thanks~. Friends are really useful. This is my number. Well then, see you later~. Ah, Inogashira-san, to be honest, I used up all my points~."

Maybe I should text Kita one more time just to be safe.

In the meantime, it looks like Hirata is ready to start the discussion. Still, before he could even begin, the intercom started speaking.

"Ayanokouji-kun from class D. Chiyabashira-sensei is calling for you. Please come to the staff room."

Every one of us looked at Ayanokouji. Kita and I shared a concerned look. I wonder what Chiyabashira-sensei wants from him.

"Looks like you were called by the teacher."

"Yea... Sorry, Kushida. I'll be going."

Ayanokouji started to head out. The entire class' gaze followed him until he exited the door.