Chapter 14: Matters of the Spark

Dreadwing came back to the Nemesis from the Energon mines as he granted permission from Megatron to talk to Smokescreen. He arrived at Smokescreen's room and he knocked on the door "Come in" Smokescreen said as Dreadwing entered.

"Dreadwing, is it time for my sword-fighting lessons?" Smokescreen asked "No, I just want to talk," Dreadwing replied. They sat down as Dreadwing began, "What do you see in Megatron? Give me an honest answer" Dreadwing said "Okay, I first saw Megatron as a cruel and oppressive warlord, but when I got to know him more, he's actually a tragic old bot who is fighting for his and others' rights. But on the wrong path," Smokescreen answered.

"And why is that?" Dreadwing asked "Because Optimus Prime always told me that violence won't solve into being equal, and it'll turn you into what society sees in you just like the Decepticons," Smokescreen explained. "Do you see Optimus Prime as a father figure just like you see in Megatron?"  Dreadwing added "Yes, I do. Optimus and Bumblebee are the only Autobots who treated me with respect," Smokescreen explained.

"You're not the only one who sees someone as family," Dreadwing said "Really?" Smokescreen said, a little surprised. "Yes, but first...Do you know Lickety Split?" Dreadwing stated.

"No, but I heard of her once. She's Lancer's apprentice and a member of the Wreckers" Smokescreen stated.

"Yes, but there's more to the whole story about her: She was born from Vector Sigma as a sparkling. She was under the care of Maccadam and she's a waitress at his Old Oil House. During, the war, she joined the Decepticons and was under my wing" Dreadwing explained as Smokescreen became shocked "She was a Decepticon!?!"

"Yes," Dreadwing answered "How did she became an Autobot?" Smokescreen asked "The Decepticons find her annoying and being the worst Decepticon. Then Megatron had enough of her, so he ordered his Decepticons to get rid of her and one of them is me" Dreadwing answered.

(Flashback)

Dreadwing is at Darkmount in the throne room, where Megatron is sitting at his throne. "You summoned me, my Lord?" Dreadwind stated "Yes, Dreadwing, and I have an order for you" "And it is?" he stated.

"To get rid of Lickety Split" Megatron answered. Dreadwing became shocked at this then he quickly hide his shocked expression. "Please, my Lord. Give me an explanation, why?" Dreadwing asked.

"She's getting annoying to everyone including me, she's always so happy about everything even if we lost battles or failed missions, and getting on my circuits" Megatron explained. "Why me?" Dreadwing asked "Because you're her mentor and the only one she trusts you" Megatron explained.

"Lord Megatron, I can discipline her and lecture her about being a Decepticon" Dreadwing suggested "You tried, and yet she is still herself" Megatron retorted "Give me another chance, my Lord. I will make her a Decepticon, she's supposed to be and..." Dreadwing tried to reason with his leader, but Megatron interrupted "I already gave you a second chance and you failed. You are one of my most loyal warriors, right?" Megatron stated "If you want to prove your loyalty. You will follow my order and get rid of the three-wheeler."

Dreadwing wanted to protest, but he couldn't because Megatron will mark him as a traitor and he didn't want to lose his brotherhood to his twin, Skyquake. Since they were close after they lost their parents during the war. Dreadwing reluctantly bowed and asked, "Tell me how should I get rid of Lickety Split?"

Later...

Dreadwing and the Vehicons escorted Lickety to the nearest Autobot territory which is a part of Megatron's order to get rid of her. "We're here," Dreadwing said as he turned his attention to Lickety.

"Remember, Lickety...you are here to observe the Autobots, not engage" Dreadwing lied to her as much as he doesn't want to, but he has to. "Okay, Dreadwing. I will make you proud" she said with confidence, "I know you will," Dreadwing thought "Leave us, I want to talk to her privately" Dreadwing ordered as the Vehicons left.