4- Research

Hawks' POV

I couldn't believe it! I had convinced Dabi to join me on this mission! I had expected him to come but didn't expect to persuade him this quickly. I was preparing to follow him around for at least a week.

I looked at the man beside me. He was wearing a black hood and mask as always. His blue eyes were staring at the UA building.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah..." He looked nervously at me. I knew how he was feeling. After all, I had felt that way when I first met the LOV.

"Well then, let's go in, shall we?" I grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the gates. The security wasn't that hard to get past as it was the weekend.

UA was a lot quieter now that it was the weekend. I knocked on the door where we decided to meet. The pro heroes looked as if they were all waiting for us. 

"So...this is the guy I told you about. Any questions?" I asked.

"What's his name?" Endeavor asked.

"Well...you might know him already. But let me introduce you to To- Dabi from the League of Villains." I smiled.

"You brought a villain, Hawks?! Are you out of your mind?!" Endeavor yelled. I swear, he needs to be checked for anger issues along with that blonde-explosion guy. I looked over at Dabi, who decided to show his face.

I shrugged. A few pros were whispering to each other, which I could hear with my quirk. But they decided to accept Dabi to participate in this mission in the end. 

"Well, could you give me the thing that took you months to work on?" Dabi finally spoke up.

"Ah, right." Midnight gave the files she had been holding. I looked over at Dabi going through the files. He looked at me when he reached the page of 'Keigo Takami'. I nodded. He kept going through the files and seemed satisfied when the pages ended. 

"How about meeting their relatives?" Dabi asked. The pros looked at him, confused. Dabi stared at them. "You didn't try contacting any relatives of the missing children?" The pros shook their head.

Aizawa's POV

Dabi has been a lot of help these few hours. We went through the files again to check on who their relatives were. There were very few relatives that we could get in contact with. So we decided to split it between the pros and Dabi. Dabi was more helpful than I expected. Of course, he wasn't the kindest person out there, but he took the job seriously.

We were researching a few more kids when a question popped inside my head.

"Hey Dabi, have you ever noticed the commission's behavior before Hawks told you?" Dabi gave a small nod. Well, that was surprising. "For how long?" I wondered how long he knew. I watched Dabi, along with most of the pros.

"A few years." 

That was long, even though it wasn't clear. It meant that he knew this for more than 365 days. We kept researching the kids. I checked on how many people we could contact. There were 10 people we could meet. I read through the list.

"So, there are 10 in total..." The pros spun their heads toward me. I could also see Dabi staring at me, "There's a mother and father in Tokyo, a father in prison, his wife in an apartment run by the commission, a girl living on the streets that is a sister of one of the missing kids, a boy that's in juvenile prison, and 3 kids who ran from Golden Memory orphanage. How should we meet them?"

"We're going now?" Mic asked. I shook my head. We would need a bit more time to prepare a few things. But it was obvious that we couldn't waste any more time. 

We decided to go in teams. As we couldn't trust Dabi entirely, I decided to go with him to meet the parents in Tokyo. Midnight would go with Mt.Lady to meet the prisoner, and All Might and Snipe will go meet his wife. Hawks will go meet the girl on the streets, and Mic, Mirko,  and Ms.Joke will go look for the 3 kids. We decided to try and finish 'till the end of the week. And just like that, the pros left except for the UA teachers, Hawks, and Dabi. Hawks had a talk with Mic while I discussed when to go meet the parents in Tokyo.

"So, when are you free? You're a teacher after all..." Dabi asked.

"I have a bit of time on Wednesday. Mic will substitute for me." I lied. But I could always force him to do it. I felt Mic staring at me, but he soon went back to talking with Hawks. 

We decided to meet on Wednesday at 1:00pm. Dabi soon left, Hawks followed after him after saying goodbye. I wondered how those two oposites met each other.