7-Interviews(3)

Aizawa's POV

Wednesday had finally come. I waited for Dabi at the entrance of a café near UA. I looked over at the guy in the black hoodie. He walked towards me and waved. Without another word, we went to the address we were supposed to go. We soon arrived at the entrance of an apartment. We were at the elevator when I decided to start a conversation.

"So, how did you get to meet Hawks?" I asked.

"We had a similar mission a while back. So he asked for my help." I still had a million questions on my mind, but stayed quiet.

We arrived a few seconds later, though it felt like hours had passed. I knocked on door 1104. A woman soon came out with an apron. It looked like she was washing the dishes.

"Um...who are you?" she was staring at Dabi, scared. I don't blame her, he looked like a Walmart version of Frankenstein.

"We're just here to ask you a few questions." I handed her my hero card, confirming my identity.

She stared at us, then at the card. After a few minutes, she invited us in. This was getting easier than I thought. A bit too easy.

She brought her husband to join us. He looked pissed that strangers were here. But his expression changed when I showed him my card.

"Why are you here?" he asked, clearly suspicous.

"We came here to ask of the whereabouts of Lotus, a girl that went missing 8 years ago." 

"Lotus? Did you find her?" she finally spoke up. I shook my head. I stared at her disappointed face.

"But, we are thinking of finding her, so we need your help. All you need to do is answer our questions truthfully." I looked at the couple earnestly. Looking at them, they seemed to care about her.

"Fine, ask away." Lotus' father agreed.

Just like that, we started talking. While the couple were answering my question, I couldn't help but stare at Dabi. He decided to not help me and instead walked around the house. He then suddenly broke the window with a punch, surprising the couple. Rude. But then, he came to me holding a... was that a camera? I examined the camera. It was a small camera, normally used for stalking.

"Did you know the window was a one-way mirror?" he asked the couple, to which they shook their head.

"This apartment was given to us by the commission, they said we were safe here." they both stared at me. 

I decided to hear a bit more about Lotus, paid them money for fixing their mirror and walked out with Dabi. Did he know that there was a camera somewhere? Was that why he was searched all over the place? I had tons of questions, as usual, but I just said one thing.

"Were you a detective before becoming a villain?" I asked. He shook his head, looking at me with a face that said 'Were heroes this stupid?'

We walked to UA in silence and parted ways. Part of me wanted to follow him to find the LOV's base, but I decided not to. He had earned my trust. I just needed the other heroes to trust him too.

A/N

Your present for waiting a month for this chapter: a very short chapter