11- Mystery of the Eldest Todoroki

{Timeline: Year 2010 [Shoto Todoroki is 5 years old]}

"WHY WOULD YOU POUR BOILING WATER ON SHOTO?!" Enji shouted at the frail woman.

"I... I don't know! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm..." Enji could see Rei getting mental by the second. 

The eyes that once shone a lovely gray color was looking so dull. Her eyes were wide open. Her eyes stared at Shoto, who was in the arms of the 8 year old Touya. The ice she used on her son only made the scar get worse. She fell to her knees as she stared at her son, whom she had hurt so badly. As Rei went to touch her youngest son, Touya shielded Shoto from her. He then stood up and left the room, leaving the unstable Rei with Enji.

As Touya left with a tear, he could hear Enji getting mad at Rei. In the end, Rei was sent to a mental hospital, leaving the kids with their abusive father. 

The next day, Touya ate his breakfast quickly and went outside to be more free from all the chaos inside. Enji, his father, was outside doing Hero work. Touya decided to check the Mail box since his mother always checked for any letters from her mother, Touya's grandmother. He looked inside to see a letter, but it wasn't from his grandparents. 

After seeing the HC sign on the letter, he thought it was for his father and put it on the table. Touya took care of all the chores and took care of his siblings with his sister Fuyumi. His father came back at night bringing his suitcase with him which brought a red feather with him. 

Touya thought his father would take the letter with him, but his father didn't seem to care about the letter and went on to train Shoto. Touya took the letter, wanting to give it to his father. He chased after his father as the No.2 hero dragged his little brother to the training room. 

Touya sat outside the door, watching his father training Shoto, checking if he wasn't crossing the line with his training. Sitting here was weird. Behind him was the laughter of 'yumi (Fuyumi) and Nat' (Natsuo) while in front of him was Sho's (Shoto) cries.

After waiting for half an hour, Touya got curious and decided to open the letter to check what it was about. After reading the letter he stood up and went to his room reading it over and over again. 

The next day, the letter was gone. And so was Touya. He didn't come back the day after nor did he come back 10 years later.

{Timeline: Present}

Midoriya's POV

I shut my mouth as I felt Hawks' gaze on the bush we were hiding in. Endeavor started his story which made Todoroki start having a panic attack.

I tried hard to calm Todoroki-san down while still listening to Endeavor explanation about why his contact number was on the list. Endeavor suspected that Touya used his father's phone to contact the Commission to sell himself into the place. It was horrifying to hear. 

Todoroki's face paled as his breathing got inconsistent. Kacchan seemed mad that Endeavor didn't mention the abusing part, but didn't say anything.

If we got caught here, we would literally be killed by Mr. Aizawa. It was supposed to be a fun little dare for us, but why did the situation turn so dark? I kept writing the Pro Heroes' conversation on my notebook. I peeked through the bush to see Hawks whispering something to the villain that somehow was in the mission for heroes. Kacchan looked like he wanted to kill the villain that had a big part in his kidnapping.

'How long are we gonna stay here, Deku? IcyHot doesn't seem to be able to hold it any longer.'

'You go with him first, I'll stay and try figure out more about this mission.'

As Kacchan took Todoroki with him, I realized what I was doing was probably against the rules. But since when did we ever listen to rules? We weren't Iida. No offence.

When the Pros left with Dabi and the girl, I too left the place. 

It was nice that the place was filled with trees, it made it very easy to not be seen by the people included in the meeting.

A/N

HELP!!!!

I don't know what to name the chapter!!! Please help me choose! I can't leave it blank forever, can I? 

After going through comments, I chose to choose 'Mystery of the Eldest Todoroki'

Thanks to @Mashid02 for recommending!