in my dreams, itachi uchiha.

IN MY DREAMS.

'   you're still here

' you're still here. '

♡₊˚•. ─── black coded, angst, drabble, fluff if you squint, mentions of scars, word count is 1.5k.

  " we have to stop meeting like this

" we have to stop meeting like this. " the way he looked into your eyes felt sardonic. The setting of this particular dream was not propitious. You were both exposed, but neither of you dared to glance at one another's bodies. The eye contact you both shared was sweet but menacing at all the same time. You hadn't seen him in a long time. He was an enemy to the village. Seeing his face even in fantasy felt wrong. Your eyes move down to his chest, and you fight the tears approaching your eyes. He was the same as you. His physique was covered in cicatrix. Only yours were a mix of new and healed blemishes. Your eyes looked around and admired the scenery. It was pretty in this fantasy. The grass was greener on this side. Naked to a world with no one in it, for the first time, both of you weren't made pariahs to the world. But you still couldn't fight the humiliation.

"Even after death, you still have your ways to put me to shame," his lips curved downward at your words. He knew what you meant by this. The only times he saw you as an adult, was to assail you and your closest companions. One time you and he had fought, and he put you in such a strong genjutsu to the point you were lethargic for weeks. It was a quotidian occurrence whenever you two had battled. You'd fight with every single last strong bone in your body, then after some time, he'd get bored of brawling and just put you in a horrifying illusion when you were open.

It was superfluous considering he would already be triumphant in the fight with those strong eyes of his. He even took it as far as to deride and taunt you whenever you looked tired or you had seemingly reached your limit. To put it short, your relationship as adults ran off of toxicity, degradation, and violence. But it wasn't always like that. Before he left the village, you and he were together hands in hand. A young love you both shared. He never told anyone about it except for his cousin, and he gave his younger brother a few hints.

You wanted to marry him.

You wanted to grow old and have the most precious kids with him.

He wanted the same.