LOST BOY: the get down

[donovan, 18]

[donovan, 18]

•••

[sage]
The sun was going down on us again. I came up the stairs of the house at dusk, smelling a sweet skunk like fragrance, "You gotta do that outside, bro." I yelled as soon as I walked into the house, looking for Damien. I found him in the kitchen. Other smells permeated. Good smells. Smells I haven't smelled in almost two years. I walked over to the stove. Collard greens. Yams with extra syrups just like my momma used to make. Turkey flats. My stomach jumped like it never seen food before. Damien opened the oven— oh my god. "You made a pie nigga?" I inhaled the sweetness of the room, completely forgetting about the weed I'd smelled when I walked up the front porch. "This shit look so good. I'm hungry as hell."

"Well, dinner ain't til 9 so. Go wash yo ass and it'll be ready soon."

"Who you telling to wash they ass?"

He smiled, "I — never mind, bro." He laughed. I walked out of the kitchen feeling self conscious only to stumble upon a man sitting on the couch. He turned to me with the blunt between his fingers, "Oh, Sageon?" He asked surprised, standing up to dap me. It was Amir from school. "I ain't know you was gone be here."

"I live here." I said awkwardly, remembering what Remy said earlier about 'guys like Amir' whatever that meant. He looked me up and down, then smiled. "So, you and Dame is related?"

"Yes. He's my brother."

"Oh, so it run in the family."

"What?"

He didn't respond. I'm not sure if it's because Damien came into the room or if there was something else stopping him. "Oh yeah, I invited Parleigh and her nigga over for dinner."

"Fiancé."

"Huh?" Dame asked.

"I'm not her nigga." He looked at Damien, "I'm her fiancé. Put some respect on it."

Damien chuckled softly, patting his shoulder before walking by to sit on the couch, "Right." He shook his head.

"How y'all know each other?" I asked, making my way out of the room.

"We don't." They said in unison, causing Damien to roll his eyes. To say the vibe was weird in the room was an understatement. I left as quickly as possible.

I looked at myself in the mirror in my room after taking off all of my clothes. I could see all the marks Remy left of my neck and chest earlier. I turned around and looked at my lower back, finding why it was starting to sting, that nigga was going hard today.

When I got into the water, the shower pressure was beating down on the tiny open wounds on my lower back causing me to wince. My mind went back to earlier in the restroom of the movie theater. His finger nails dug into me when he he gripped my ass fat pulling me back as he slammed into me. My breath hitched, I could still feel it.