LOST BOY: rigamarole pt. one

[Sageon, 18]

[Sageon, 18]

•••

[damien pov]

Remy and Sageon were up having breakfast in the kitchen. It was just a simple two step, cereal and milk. No one else was awake yet. "I was thinking about us last night. What if this happened so we can be closer and maybe understand eachother better."

"Somebody broke into our house Sageon. This aint about you our our relationship."

"Just trying to see a bright side." Sage rolled his eyes, "Why are you so mad all the time? You moving on and just aint tell me yet?" He joked, earning a response opposite of his candor. More anger.

"Nigga do you want me to move on? You got somebody waiting for me to move on so they can have you?" Remy yelled.

"No."

"You sure? Because you definitely be spending more time somewhere."

Sage grimaced at his boyfriend, trying not to return the hostile energy Remy was giving to him. "That's why I was saying maybe its meant to be that you and your family are here so we might spend more time together."

"You fucking him?"

Sage scrunched his face in confusion, "Who?"

"Why he apologize saying he ain't know you was with me? What did you do?"

"Nothing, I don't even know who you're talking about?"

"Amir. Did you do something with him? Don't lie to me, Sageon."

"Why don't you trust me? I have never done anything since we've been together that would make you believe I could be unfaithful to you. Baby. I love you. Okay? I swear to God, I haven't even looked at another dude like that alright? I don't even want to. And I expect the same from you. I trust you and we're good. We are good. I don't know where this strain been coming from but we can grow through it I know we can."

Remy didn't respond to Sage. He looked away. Sage took his hand pulling him into a hug. I could tell Remy was hesitant. But Sage embraced him. I sucked my teeth, shaking my head from the couch where I was sleeping. That nigga fucking around on my baby brother. The guilt is all over his face.

[narrator]

Damien offered to drive them to school about an hour or so later. The three teenagers hopped in the car and they were down the road which took literally two minutes as opposed to the otherwise ten to fifteen minute walk. He got them there about thirty minutes early so once Raquel and Sage exited the car, he told Remy to wait and close the door. Sage stood at the entrance waiting until Damien actually pulled out of the parking lot leaving him confused and worried for Remy.