LOST BOY: the fog clears eventually pt.1

[sage, 18]

[sage, 18]

•••

[sage]

Damien followed me basically whining, "Ok, but im sayin' i been stuck in the house since i got here.

"ok, leave then." I suggested, "She can be home alone. I already told you."

"I just don't want nothing to happen and we're not here."

"And that's how you feel. Stop trying to make me feel bad about that shit, Damien. You don't even know how long it's been since ive gone out with my friends. Ive seen them more this past week than i have in the past three months. Just let me get a break and i promise i'll get back to it."

" You not gon' have to go back completely. I promise. But we gone talk later. Figure everything out."

"Im coo' with that."

"Coo'."

Nyia rushed up the path, "Can i go in and say hi to my Auntie?"

I shrugged and walked past her as she ran up the stairs to talk to Damien. I went to the car and hopped in the backseat. Slamming the door behind myself, Donovan turned around to look at me. "You good?" He asked me, watching me closely. I saw his eyes traveling about my face while waiting for a response from me.

"I'm a'ight." I shrugged, looking out the window just as Damien opened the screen door for Nyia. The two of them disappeared into the house.

"Don't say nothing, but I kinda heard a lil bit of their conversation before Remy went crazy."

"What were they talking about?"

"Well, I was about to walk into the class and I heard Amir laughing and he was like, 'Oh, that's you?'. And at first I aint think nothing of it until I heard Remy say, "Nigga Duh." And im like period, claim me, shit."

"But yeah, they was talking real low but you know me. I come out the classroom and im up against the wall casually and I hear, 'nobody could ever top you except for me." And im like woah woah woah, what the fuck?"

"Yeah, hold on. Amir is gay?"

"I dont think so. He supposedly getting married to Parleigh."

"I aint heard shit about that."

"Thats what im saying. Like, thats weird that news aint spread right?"

Don nodded in agreement.

"That night i slept over at your house him and Parleigh was here. Thats why i left."

"Why?"

"I just said because they were there."

Donovan's expression changed. He stared at me, daring me to look away. "How is class with him going?"